Russia: Return of the Cold War

Thanks for the explanation. Obviously the information leaks we've suffered in recent memory have been from a mix of people doing things they shouldn't and foreign entities gaining entry. But how do we stop this from happening aside from a complete and total lockdown and constant surveillance of employees? Like you said a person will eventually tune out safety brief #87 for the month, obviously you need a strong leadership to instill the right culture and mentality for things like this to stop happening.

Maybe the leadership in terms of managers (or whatever the equivalent is in the alphabet letter agencies), need to be looked at and evaluated instead of regular joe?

The Russians use a method called, "Never forget who fucked you yesterday."

SALISBURY, England (Reuters) - British police have identified more than 200 witnesses and are looking at more than 240 pieces of evidence in their investigation into a nerve agent attack on a Russian ex-spy and his daughter, interior minister Amber Rudd said on Saturday.

UK police identify over 200 witnesses in nerve agent attack: minister

Interesting video, slightly dated, but shows the sheer amount of nuclear dets since 1945 through early 2000's.

I interned at a place responsible for about 900 of those blue dots. The people there like to joke that the nuclear radiation from their atmospheric testing gave John Wayne cancer as it supposedly made its way to Utah. Fuckers

I interned at a place responsible for about 900 of those blue dots. The people there like to joke that the nuclear radiation from their atmospheric testing gave John Wayne cancer as it supposedly made its way to Utah. Fuckers

There's a decent read out there called Full Body Burden that is about a girl who grew up around Rocky Flats. There were several large leaks there that ultimately lead to its closure.

Full Body Burden: Growing Up in the Nuclear Shadow of Rocky Flats by Kristen Iversen

Last edited:
Hmmm. "Compression to the neck". I wonder what would cause that? :hmm:

Russian businessman's death being treated as a homicide

British police say they are treating the death of London-based Russian businessman Nikolai Glushkov as a homicide, after a post-mortem revealed he died from compression to the neck. Glushkov was an associate of Boris Berezovsky, a Russian oligarch and Kremlin critic who died under disputed circumstances in 2013.
Glushkov, 68, was found dead on Monday at his south London home where police say he had been living for two years.
The death came a week after former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia were left critically ill from a nerve agent poisoning in the city of Salisbury.
Police say "at this stage, there is nothing to suggest any link to the attempted murders in Salisbury," nor any evidence that Glushkov was poisoned.
They say counterterrorism detectives are leading the case "because of the associations Mr. Glushkov is believed to have had."

Hmmm. "Compression to the neck". I wonder what would cause that? :hmm:

Ask this guy.

choke(2).jpg

Seems like the appropriate thread to post this. U.K. claims to have determined that two active GRU officers were responsible for the attempted assassination of Sergey Skirpal.

U.K. Charges 2 Men in Novichok Poisoning, Saying They’re Russian Agents

That's certainly in keeping with the M.O.; exotic weaponized toxicity. I have no doubt Putin has, in his lifetime, personally shot people in the back of the head. Or in the face. These are his critics, some he served with, traitors in his mind. He'll reach out and touch them. It sends a powerful message to those contemplating treachery.

Back