Salutations....

jerzy

Unverified
Greetings, salutations & thanks for accepting my user account here.

Doing the obligatory intro post & quite possibly this'll be one of my very few posts here since I have little to contribute to an SOF forum.
To be honest, this is the only intro on any forum I've ever sweated over. Certainly would suck ass to be one of those asshat intros that one wishes he could take back. I could go the concise, succinct route but the instructions say to keep it more than a sterile, useless content. Thus I'll go more in-depth & hopefully keep it still within acceptable outlines here...

To start with, I'm a Navy 'OTH'-er. Pretty much the only thing from my relatively once eventful past I'm still embarrassed about. but it is what it is. Hope my OTH status won't offend anyone here. I won't bore you with the details of my discharge for the sake of trying to keep it on point.
It had to do with the everyday boredom of regular navy routine, being a young impatient dumbass, & just overall immature. I've included a bit more detail in my profile 'about me' if anyone's actually interested enough to want to know more.

I'm 47 y/o, originally from Poland but have been here since 1980, when I came to the U.S. along with my familia on a political asylum status.
As of 1990 I'm a quad in a wheelchair therefore - regrettably - I've been an unemployed parasite on the tax payers ever since. There aren't many paying gig opportunities for quadriplegics who have the health problems/issues like me.
I'm very grateful however, to live in a country which allows me to live as a total cripple with enough dignity & freedom to relatively thrive. This needs to be said & acknowledged.
Also, I don't ride the system & detest those who do.

My only passion, which I can still relatively indulge in, is old rides. Hot rods, customs & some muscle cars. Anything with a loud, obnoxious v8, shitting fire 'n' brimstones outta its pipes & made before '69 or so.
I used to care only for 2 wheels but had to rearrange my priorities post crippledom hehe.
My other love is knives, despite being unable to really handle such any longer. Always had a special spot in my little black heart for - & a fascination with - blades. Apart from this, I lead a very friggin' boring life these days.

I've happened upon this site while googling for some type of gear info, a knife perhaps, can't remember now [btw, I've learned about Gary Melton & his kickass blades via this site, I think one of his knives is in my future]. I enjoy reading good reviews on rugged outdoor/reliance gear as I always trying to be current 'just in case' & for venturing outdoors.
Plus I've always respected - and try to live according to - the noble warrior code so after spending a couple of days here reading archived posts/threads, I decided to squeeze the trigger & click the registration link.
There's another reason that prompted me to do so.
There was a person - like a life mentor - for a brief time in my youth [around 16-17 y/o] who nevertheless influenced my life greatly from then on. His name was Jim & he was a Nam Vet with a few tours in some spec-op outfits, I think he went cross-branches on his tours, not just in a single type of outfit. That dude was ultra cool & I really looked up to him, he even made me a bracelet from a helo [made of the chain which changes the pitch of the rotor] he and his team went down in in Nam & walked away from it. Apparently, to split the chain was a custom & - as I was told by another spec-op type some time later - to be given such a memento is indeed a big deal. I treasured that bracelet greatly until some scumbag stole it from my personal belongings as I laid in the Rhode Island Hospital's ICU following my broken neck.

Anyway, I've lost contact with Jim after quitting the job where we both worked [Englewood, NJ] & really would love to get in touch with him. Hopefully he's still in this realm & haven't gone on to Valhalla. All I have to go by is his first & last name and was unsuccessful in trying to find him via the typical net searches. However, since he was in some spec-war outfit during the Nam, perhaps some here from the elite Brotherhood could suggest an alternative source through which I could find the man. I'll gladly supply his full name via p/m here if someone indeed could help me out with this??.

All the best - Jerzy.

Hopefully no mayhem shall ensue.

I apologize for screwing this up but for some reason the ending of my intro appears to be crossed over with a line. I'm unfamiliar with this forum's guidelines, perhaps I've made my post too long and exceeded the allocated character limit.

Therefore, I'm copying and pasting the last paragraph of my intro post below, once again; in case it's not visible in my initial post above:

"(...) Anyway, I've lost contact with Jim after quitting the job where we both worked [Englewood, NJ] & really would love to get in touch with him. Hopefully he's still in this realm & haven't gone on to Valhalla. All I have to go by is his first & last name and was unsuccessful in trying to find him via the typical net searches. However, since he was in some spec-war outfit during the Nam, perhaps some here from the elite Brotherhood could suggest an alternative source through which I could find the man. I'll gladly supply his full name via p/m here if someone indeed could help me out with this??.

All the best - Jerzy.

Hopefully no mayhem shall ensue.(...)"

Appreciate the welcomes, thank you... I try to thank - and/or reply to - everyone individually via their profile page messages so I shan't redundantly muddle up my intro thread and risk getting yelled at by a mod or something, but not everyone has a profile page accessible to all members [e.g RackMaster] hence this post. Thanks again...

Back