SAR school

wonderrod

prepare, endure, recover
Unverified
Im one 6 trainning days away from finishing Surface Rescue Swimmer School, holy crap swimming underwater is beyond hard. TONS of respect to guys who can complete 50+meters underwater.

Out of curiousity, do they make you guys do a somersault after your head gets underwater, and then start your 50 or is it just a straight shot?

Open water or the pool ? If it's in the pool, just wait till you get in the open water off the coast and have to do the same with a mask, snorkel and if your lucky fins. :D

Use the speed stroke but keep your head near the water. LOL.

Thanks for keeping us updated, good to hear you're still working towards your next goal.

More prayers out for your successful completion!

LL

just wait till you get in the open water off the coast and have to do the same with a mask, snorkel and if your lucky fins. :D
My class proctor wasnt given permission to take us out to the open ocean, all we did was a mile long bay swim in coronado, that was pretty hard so I can imagine open water off the coast at night in a terrible sea state. We have to keep our snorkel in our mouths when we do underwaters. I actually got screamed at and threatend today for spitting it out after an underwater sprint

My class proctor wasnt given permission to take us out to the open ocean, all we did was a mile long bay swim in coronado, that was pretty hard so I can imagine open water off the coast at night in a terrible sea state. We have to keep our snorkel in our mouths when we do underwaters. I actually got screamed at and threatend today for spitting it out after an underwater sprint

I could tell a story about my ex-wife spitting out a snorkle while we were on our honeymoon in Key West, .......but I won't go there.....:D BLUF - keep the flippin' snorkle in your mouth!

Back