Scout Sniper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole

Unverified
Hello I am considering joining the USMC and becoming a Scout Sniper, right now I am 14 years old and I was wondering if the following qualities that I have would be good to have while being a scout sniper. I am a good hunter, I can track a whitetailed deer through any woods in Wisconsin, I have eyes that are very sensitive to movement, I can hear very good, and I have good reflexes

All though I am NOT a sniper nor a Marine, I would say: concentrate on schooling, pass school with good grades, be a overall good kid and don't get caught up in the nonsense and when you are old enough to enlist, then you can worry about sniper stuff. I appauled the fact that you want to serve your country but grow up first. Please do not take that as being a wise a$$ but that is my :2c: Good luck with your schooling and make good grades / make your parents proud and I am sure one day you will make a fine sniper.

F.M.

Thank you Firemedic, I really appreciate the advice. And don't worry I am a A student and I have never gotten in trouble at school. And the reason I want to joing the corps is that my grandfather served in Korea and almost got both of his legs blown off, and I want to repay him by serving myself. Thanks again!

Altho your aspirations are great you need to focus on finishing school first. then when the time is right you need to focus on passing Boot then ITB then proving your self within your line company and ask to go to Sniper A&S but it doesn't mean you are in if you pass, you will join the platoon then have a chance to go to Scout Sniper school if you pass that then you are a sniper. But as you can see it a lot of steps and not for the faint of heart. Right now just focus on school because Snipers don't take Marines with low GT scores. Oh and you being able to track a deer in the woods has nothing to do with being a Sniper in the Marines. you will be told to forget how to shoot and learn the Marine way, but then there is hundreds of other traits that Snipers and Marines have to learn that have nothing to do with hunting.

Congratulations on having aspirations and a goal, young man.

Stay out of trouble, and don't touch drugs. Seriously. If and when you finally get through Boot Camp and you earn the title, your background will be checked. If you want a highly selective job that only takes the best of the best, make sure that your background is spotless. When the other dumbasses in school invite you to smoke weed, or to get otherwise mentally impaired and do highly stupid things, in those moments, just remember that these kinds of things can- and will- very likely rob you of your dream. Don't be that guy.

School and get in shape. At your age, school is the most important. The days of dumb Marines charging machineguns with a bayonet in their teeth are long gone. To make it into a Scout Sniper Plt you will need to spend some time in a Line company. Infantry. You will need to excell in this first, then take an indoc to just get into a Scout Sniper Plt. Then 6 more months of training before school..... so.... nothiong wrong with knowing what your final targer is, but spend your time hitting the closer one first. Graduate and do well in school. (Math and English are important) Earn the title of Marine and the MOS of infantry. Then move forward from there. Good Luck!

Eat your vegetables, take your vitamins, do what your parents say, and do good in school.

Some good qualities of a Sniper, IMHO would be -- patience, discipline, craftiness, good vision, ability to learn, and the mindset to never fail.

Good luck.

Thanks all of you, I am trying to stay in good shape, I am also very patient, diciplined, and I never quit when I set myself a goal

School and get in shape. At your age, school is the most important. The days of dumb Marines charging machineguns with a bayonet in their teeth are long gone. To make it into a Scout Sniper Plt you will need to spend some time in a Line company. Infantry. You will need to excell in this first, then take an indoc to just get into a Scout Sniper Plt. Then 6 more months of training before school..... so.... nothiong wrong with knowing what your final targer is, but spend your time hitting the closer one first. Graduate and do well in school. (Math and English are important) Earn the title of Marine and the MOS of infantry. Then move forward from there. Good Luck!

Read this then read it again.
You see what this Marine's background is right?

Thanks all of you, I am trying to stay in good shape, I am also very patient, diciplined, and I never quit when I set myself a goal

Don't TRY to stay in good shape, BE in GREAT shape. It's up to you.
What are your PT scores?
What are your grades like?

I meant that I am staying in shape, and I am a straight A's student in school. And the tracking thing means that I can detect if a person had walked into an area recently. Thanks for the advice all of you, I really appreciate it.

I was just wondering about how long does it take to become a Lance Corpral in the USMC?

U have really no right to talk about school I would bet anything u have a kid and u act like joining the marines is not worth more than school but their both complimentary if someone wants to do good as a marine do good in school but for me marines r a way of life since I was 6 everything I have done has been a thought of "what would a marine do" I have lived my life by that and In a year I'm enlisting in DEP to me really school is more of a stepping stone than something I should focus on more than the marines

U have really no right to talk about school I would bet anything u have a kid and u act like joining the marines is not worth more than school but their both complimentary if someone wants to do good as a marine do good in school but for me marines r a way of life since I was 6 everything I have done has been a thought of "what would a marine do" I have lived my life by that and In a year I'm enlisting in DEP to me really school is more of a stepping stone than something I should focus on more than the marines

Repeat after me. Proper punctuation and spelling makes me look like the professional Marine I so want to be.

What you are doing RIGHT now shapes who you will be down the road. If you can't excel at school then how do you expect to excel at anything later in life? Whatever you are doing you need to give your best effort no matter how unneccessary you personally feel it is.

The other Marines have given sound advice based on their personal experience as Marines to Ole. Maybe you should go back, reread it, and implement it into your own life.

Based not only on HOW you typed your opinion but the opinion you gave, I can see you having the MOS of "working party" throughout much of your time in the Marines (should you actually earn the title).

Oh, I seriously can't believe what I am reading! Seriously???? You had the balls to say that????? PM inbound, motherfucker.

Repeat after me....."would you like fries with that?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back