SCUBA divers. : Intro

Frisco

Weapons free
What's everyone's experience in diving?

I'm NAUI/SEI Advanced.
Hold a few specialties such as Enriched Air Nitrox (EANx), Rescue diver, and Dry Suit. Search and Rescue, and Master diver are on deck for late this summer and this fall.

I'm also a Public Safety Diver for the county Rescue Squad, and as soon as they finish organizing it, our Squadron will also head the TN state dive team.

I'm advanced certified with PADI, YMCA and SSI. I was working on Rescue Diver cert when I left Panama in '99. Having said that, I haven't breathed underwater in over ten years. I loved it, and have many stories from the waters off the Keys and the Atlantic side of Panama.

And I'm an old geezer like the 'Duece.....hell I may even be an older paratroooper........wait, nope, I'm not that old!

I am a PADI dive master and a NAUI open water. I hold recue diver advanced open water with PADI. Mixed gas shallow water 300 feet commercial ticket. I am retired and don't dive much anymore. I make a few recreational shallow dives for Scallops and Ling Cod. To give you an idea I started with twin steel 72's and when you are small like me they weigh as much as I did. I dove twin hose in some pretty cold water they were the only thing that didn't freeze up at the time. I dive Navy tables but never up against the high end to much body fat to hold that nitrogen.
Bill

Hey Manolito Just out of curiosity how did the NAUI open water cert class compare to the PADI?

I'm PADI open water, but want to keep going. One of my good friends did the month in Thailand for his master. He might go back for instructor as well. It looks like a fun path once I have the money and the time.

Hello Gents,
PADI,NAUI,IANTD Instructor for all up to Nitrox, Deep Air, Tech, and Wreck. Been out of the game for a bit but this may get me to renew my status. I've been Diving since 88 and my passion is Wreck, and Cave Diving.

Been diving since 2005 so I am still a cherry. That plus my hatred of all things cold means I only dive when on vacation somewhere warm.

still a new guy got my PADI certification as a recreational diver when I was stationed out in california. I would like to get my advanced certification when I have a few more dives under my belt.

Only been diving since '08. So I think I get the real "youngster" title here haha. I'm PADI open water certified. So far I've just done some recreational diving. I love it and want more, however my priorities are not yet at a point where I can pursue it. One day.

There is a club in Monterey California.
200 feet salt water on compressed air.
initiation tie a square knot, Put together a square and rectangle of 1/2 in. pvc and the dimentional difference is only 3/4 of an inch. Tie a bowline and bring up a hand full of sand.
This is not sanctioned by any association but a group similar to shadowspear.
Simple tasks can be performed with practice even when narced.
Bill

There is a club in Monterey California.
200 feet salt water on compressed air.
initiation tie a square knot, Put together a square and rectangle of 1/2 in. pvc and the dimentional difference is only 3/4 of an inch. Tie a bowline and bring up a hand full of sand.
This is not sanctioned by any association but a group similar to shadowspear.
Simple tasks can be performed with practice even when narced.
Bill

I was in one of the dive clubs in Monterey. I liked the free air refills they offered at dive shops there. I was diving a few times a week.

My thoughts are he is sipping a cold drink waiting on the Capezone he shot today to BBQ. Hell I imagine in heaven after a two hour dive your wetsuit doesn't even smell like piss. Sure wish I could make the trip to Arlington but he will be home with his Brothers and Sisters when you folks lay him to rest.

Back