SEALs awarded - pix

Ravage

running up that hill
hires_080107-D-7203T-010a.jpg

HiRes
Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates attends a Naval Special Warfare Group briefing during a visit to San Diego, Calif., Jan. 7, 2008.
Defense Dept. photo by Cherie A. Thurlby

hires_080107-D-7203T-011a.jpg

HiRes
A Bronze Star Medal hangs from a sailor's shirt pocket during an award ceremony in which Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates presented awards to U.S. Navy SEALS in San Diego, Calif., Jan. 7, 2008.

hires_080107-D-7203T-013a.jpg

HiRes
Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates pins the Bronze Star medal on a U.S. Navy SEAL during an award ceremony in San Diego, Calif., Jan. 7, 2008. Defense Dept. photo by Cherie A. Thurlby

hires_080107-D-7203T-014a.jpg

HiRes
Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates presents Petty Officer 2nd Class David Bloom with the Bronze Star Medal for his efforts in combat during an award ceremony in San Diego, Calif., Jan. 7, 2008.

hires_080107-D-7203T-015a.jpg

HiRes
Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates thanks U.S. Navy SEALS for their service and sacrifice during an award ceremony in San Diego, Calif., Jan. 7, 2008.

Outstanding job SEALs

I had to look at the hi res pics to make sure you could not read the narratives or names on the awards. A couple were close...

Thanks for the thread... it is awesome

Congratulations. :)

I'm surprised that the DoD would release photos of SEALs with the faces and names not black out.

I like the look on the Lt's face, he is not a happy camper.

Congrats gentlemen.

RGR They're not happy "going public" at all. But DoD is teying to send the good message.

Not agreeing with that, just saying....

Real life John Rambo's.

Oh, give me a break, wonderrod.

John Rambo is a fictional character. That means he ain't real. Despite the movies, despite the books those are based on, it's all made-up, from one guy's mind. There is so much WRONG with Rambo, it ain't even funny.

Ever hear the saying, Truth is stranger than fiction?

Well, truth is also a million times more courageous, humble, dirty, and painful than fiction.

Whatever you think a PJ, S&R, SEAL, HRT embody, you have NO CLUE!!!!!

Do what you've been told, read more and post LESS!

edited to add: As for the gentlemen who pictures are unfortunately plastered across the MSM, good for them and prayers out this little photo op won't interfere in future missions.

LL

Funny....

Funny thing about these pictures... One of them is some one that I know. A gentleman standing in the back. Have to show it to him when I get a chance. Fine job guys.

Great to see the young lads getting the credit they deserve for the great job they are doing. The SO2 getting the Bronze Star is carrying on a proud tradition, his old man is a SEAL master chief.

Brian
TEAMS 'N SHIT

At the end of the day, the pictures came from an official site. As to the Navy's intent, I don't know and don't care. They released the photos. If this came from some other site I would pull them, but it is from the DOD itself.....

Back