SEALS ordered to remove "don't tread on me" from uniforms?

Maybe if they are in some sort of TOC role with high head shed around...but operators....no way.

My first deployment I was made to wear a picture of sloth from the goonies that was laminated and affixed to velcro. Every mission it was on my left shoulder. I was told it was a "sensitive item" for me, and the punishment were I to lose it would be akin to losing my NOD's or rifle.

I still have that patch to this day in my wallet for fear that Sgt. R will pop out and ask where it's at, and commence to smoke the shit out of me were I not able to produce it upon request.

Official: Spec-ops sailors can keep wearing 'Navy jack'
“As of September 2013, all Naval Special Warfare personnel are authorized to wear the U.S. flag and the “Don’t Tread on me” uniform patches,” Navy spokeswoman Lt. Cmdr. Sarah Flaherty told Navy Times. “In the past, NSW did not authorize wearing either patch unless one was deployed or in a work-up cycle. However, NSW recently sought special permission from the Chief of Naval Operations staff to wear the patches within the continental United States.”
http://www.navytimes.com/article/20...-Spec-ops-sailors-can-keep-wearing-Navy-jack-

Good, hope some senior chief is getting smoked for trying to force the change. Reminds me of something some CSM would do while in theatre somewhere.....with nothing better to do.

Either some chief did something he wasn't supposed to do....or the author made the whole controversy up. Because of the source (dailycaller), I'm more inclined to believe it was the latter. Assuming that's the case, why the fuck would anyone do that, and why did they think there wouldn't be dozens of service members sending up a collective "Huh?"

A friend posted this up on Facebook. Since I dont fully understand all the acronyms I will just submit this for your collective approval..or disapproval as the case may be. ;-)
http://soldiersystems.net/2013/11/05/whats-really-going-on-with-dtom-flags-nsw/

There is no conspiracy here folks; no one in the Administration is attributing the patch to extremist groups or anything of that nature as some recent stories have indicated. And for anyone who thinks that is the case, if you take a look at the bow of any US Navy ship today, tomorrow, or next week, you’ll see the Navy Jack flying which is the same flag represented by the Don’t Tread On Me patches in question. This recent issue of patch removal is just the NSW Senior Enlisted community doing what they are supposed to do, enforcing the uniform regulations until those regulations are changed or modified through the proper process. But have no fear, the order to stop wearing the patch does not apply to wear in tactical, training, or deployed environments.

I always felt like the only flag that should be on any US servicemember, ever, is the one with fifty stars and thirteen stripes. It annoyed me when people wanted to put "hey look at me!" bling on their uniforms. At least it wasn't a Secret Squirrel patch...
100% agree.

I used to fucking HATE when I saw the Texas flag on people's uniforms.

Back