Sean Connery Dead at 90

AWP

SOF Support
Blue Skies, Mr. Bond.

No word from Alex Trebek's mother as yet...

Sean Connery: James Bond actor dies aged 90

Sir Sean Connery has died at the age of 90, his family has said.

The Scottish actor was best known for his portrayal of James Bond, being the first to bring the role to the big screen and appearing in seven of the spy thrillers.

Sir Sean died peacefully in his sleep, while in the Bahamas, having been "unwell for some time", his son said.

Sean Connery was so cool even talking about slapping women couldn’t get him canceled.

LOL

Sad to see him go. Had an incredibly impressive film career.

You think it's a slight for his conservative views that they would ignore the fact he was knighted? I don't think I've seen one mention of him being Sir Sean Connery, whereas i see most mentions of Sir Elton John.

I only say it because he was indeed denied knighthood a couple of times from a labour party member for it.

RIP Sir. You will be missed, but definitely never forgotten.

Sad to see him go. Had an incredibly impressive film career.

You think it's a slight for his conservative views that they would ignore the fact he was knighted? I don't think I've seen one mention of him being Sir Sean Connery, whereas i see most mentions of Sir Elton John.

I only say it because he was indeed denied knighthood a couple of times from a labour party member for it.

No? I've seen him as Sir on the BBC, on media here, almost everywhere else it's Sir. If anything I'd say those places are ignorant to his knighthood and are just quickly reporting.

No? I've seen him as Sir on the BBC, on media here, almost everywhere else it's Sir. If anything I'd say those places are ignorant to his knighthood and are just quickly reporting.

Was actually referring directly about BBC, but meant in the headline. Just seems odd that they wouldn't be adding that. I'm not thinking any more into it though

One of my favorite Sean Connery movies is a movie adaptation of Rudyard Kipling's The Man Who Would Be King. If none of you have seen it, I highly recommend it.

1604343602509.png

The Man Who Would Be King, great film....

Maj Gen Roy Urquart, A Bridge Too Far:

"Corporal Hancock : Sir.....[Offers mug of tea]

Major General Urquhart : Hancock. I've got lunatics laughing at me from the woods. My original plan has been scuppered now that the jeeps haven't arrived. My communications are completely broken down. Do you really believe any of that can be helped by a cup of tea?

Corporal Hancock : Couldn't hurt, sir.

[Urquhart accepts his mug of tea] "

Great scene.

Of course, Indiana Jones' father in Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade....

Back