'Zero Dark Thirty' hunts for Bin Laden -- and more

I saw first hand what happens to some people when they take Ambien after drinking. It's not pretty, and may or may not lead to one or more of the following: mistaking an office cubical for a urinal; puking your guts out in an airplane terminal, on the bus taking you from the terminal to the plane, and on the plane; wanting to fight the most inoffensive captain in the whole unit; and setting fire to Euros on the plane, while it is in flight.

Not making light of it, but that sounds like me on gin. Yonks ago, mind...

I find it funny now, it wasn't so funny when it happened. I spent all of Thanksgiving break wondering how many bars I was going to lose over this incident.

Had that happened you could join the AWP circuit and together we could make s'mores over burning orphans whilst (always wanted to use that word) reclining in our unicorn and baby seal skin chairs.

Bullshit. Your telling me a guy who was smart enough and tough enough to make it into DEVGRU, and be among the men selected for the UBL hit is not smart enough to figure out what his benefits are? Oh, so he didn't have to go to levy briefings or separation briefings? Or maybe he didn't go because he was just too cool for school? Ignorance is not a justification here. This guy is looking for a pity party. The fact that this guy is trying to play dumb is ridiculous, and his b.s. and this b.s. article all just feed into stereotypes that I have worked my ass off for the last 3 years trying convince people aren't true. Seriously, this guy is acting like a little kid and it's embarrassing to the NSW community in general and the DEVGRU community specifically.
I'm not going to lie this is the first I've heard of it and I've been the last few years without healthcare insurance. I like to think I'm a fairly intelligent guy. I guess I'm going to have to apply. I'm not sure how it is at DEVGRU, but when I etsed all those ACAP meetings and briefs were seen as some bs short-timer's excuse to get out of work and I generally wasn't allowed to go. Only one of them is required if I recalled right. When I final-outted, I was told this was a common theme among separating Batt Boys.

As far as healthcare is concerned, you don't get it. I know you were aware that if you didn't do 20, you weren't going to get healthcare, unless you were wounded. As far as not being allowed to ACAP properly, you should have brought that up to some one. Not the right answer at all.

As far as healthcare is concerned, you don't get it. I know you were aware that if you didn't do 20, you weren't going to get healthcare, unless you were wounded. As far as not being allowed to ACAP properly, you should have brought that up to some one. Not the right answer at all.
Not Tricare, but apparently the VA has something that goes out to 5-years from discharge for veterans of combat theaters. I haven't quite gotten an understanding of the extent of it, but it seems to cover things like physicals, medication, and even surgery possibly without copayments depending on income. This has to be done at VA Healthcare facilities, but it's better than nothing. Not exactly well advertised. As far as ACAPing, you're not trying to start a storm with IG or what not a few months out. This attitude went all the way up to the company commander, so you're talking about bumping heads with a field-grade officer when guys are trying to ride on out. I'm sure it continues. You know a lot of things weren't the right answer at Regiment.

http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/re...85-health_care_benefits_overview_2012_eng.pdf

If it went up to the company commander than that is really surprising to me. I figured it was just some idiot giving you a hard time. That is a big no-go in my book. Oh well, your out now haha, and there is always google!

Do you have any idea how many people you just described?

Besides, Ambien is chewed like tic-tacs over here. Doesn't mean I agree with it or condone it, but the number of guys and gals zonked out on Ambien is ridiculous.
Damn, no, I apologize I did not mean to offend anyone. I didn't realize it was widespread..

I didn't attend a single brief in 96 when I left AD, I only attended the single required briefing in 08 when I retired.

I was too busy, and (in 96) too wrapped up in a project that (I believed, and still believe) was too important to not devout 100% too.

Same in 08, I was too busy fighting the ACC Staff (making sure my E's did not get shafted when I left).

That said, there is this thing called the internet, and a website called Google.

I'd really like to know why he left the Navy though; my bet is he got promoted out of ST6 and didn't want to lower himself by going to a "White ST". I also bet his wife played a role, so she should get her ass into the workplace and help out.

A "shocking" announcement from NSWC.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...nies-seals-claim-made-in-esquire-article?lite

"This former SEAL made a deliberate and informed decision to leave the Navy several years short of retirement status," Rear Adm. Sean Pybus, commander of Naval Special Warfare Command, wrote in a statement. "Months ahead of his separation, he was counseled on status and benefits, and provided with options to continue his career until retirement eligible. Claims to the contrary in these matters are false."

"Naval Special Warfare has bright and motivated people engaged in difficult, but satisfying work. They are very familiar with their compensation and options," he wrote.

Pybus said he is "very disappointed with the few people who use their SEAL cachet for self-serving purposes, particularly through falsehoods and certainly when the safety and security of themselves and their active-duty teammates and families are put at risk."

Then hold a GI party in your house, Admiral, and clean it up.

• In the article it states that his base pay is 2,197 dollars per month. There is no fucking way. I am guessing he was either an E-7 or E-8, with 16 years in. Base Pay for an E-7 at 16 years is 4,158 dollars per month, and for E-8's it is 4,469 dollars per month.

• Yeah, five or six guys a night...sure...
  • I'm going to buy a "demon hunter" cd
  • the 'doorbell' story cracked me up. reminded me of something similar that happened in iraq
  • I guaran-damn-tee he was making more than 60k a year. I make more than that as a fucking recruiter.
  • His thoughts on the movie very closely mirror what I thought. All the yelling was stupid, and the tactics were horrible.

It was just on Fox and the go the Federal Government is adding insult to injury by investigating our "shooter" trying figure out if he divulged classified info.

How is that adding insult to injury? Who/what has been injured here, other than a retriree's pride and national security, and who/what is being insulted by what I think is a proper call to conduct an investigation?

I think they should start by finding out how this civilian reporter found out this guy was "the shooter" :rolleyes: in the first place.

There's got to be a lot more to this story (the one about the SEAL, not the one I hijacked this thread with). I can't believe for a minute that a guy with that much time in the SEALs doesn't have an exit strategy, especially if he's that close to retirement. This whole thing smacks of, "I'm the one who killed bin Laden, it was me all by myself, so I expect to be taken care of and coddled the rest of my life." This guy comes across as a self-serving narcissist and this whole story just makes the military in general look bad.

He probably didn't get his full 6 months to ACAP ;-)

Back