'Zero Dark Thirty' hunts for Bin Laden -- and more

If this dude has medical issues that were identified prior to separation, then why was he permitted to voluntary release (or whatever you call it). Did no one in the admin/release section not say "Hey fuckstick, if you get your Doctor to initiate it; you get benefits otherwise have a nice fucked up life". Just sayin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that this guy is the real deal makes me so sad. I wanted to believe it was some poser that could talk the talk good enough to convince some reporter he was it. I don't care where you served, don't show your ass like that in public, be a professional.

If this dude has medical issues that were identified prior to separation, then why was he permitted to voluntary release (or whatever you call it). Did no one in the admin/release section not say "Hey fuckstick, if you get your Doctor to initiate it; you get benefits otherwise have a nice fucked up life". Just sayin...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed; I mean no disrespect however, this entire case is missing something somewhere. I'm not connecting the dots here. The VA has attorneys that will rep him, they will also ensure he gets what he deserves, a service related disability claim is warranted if the circumstances are there. I'm just not understanding the circumstances and they don't seem to fit. As for divorce every guy I know in this and the SF community is on wife two or three, hell every career Soldier know is divorced. This thing is missing allot of moving parts in the story.

Two more related articles.
http://gawker.com/5983541/despite-e...has-access-to-health-care?tag=osama-bin-laden

http://www.stripes.com/blogs/the-ru...illed-bin-laden-is-denied-healthcare-1.207506

Esquire article wrongly claims SEAL who killed Bin Laden is denied healthcare

By MEGAN MCCLOSKEY
Published: February 11, 2013

Esquire magazine claims “The Man Who Killed Osama bin Laden ... Is Screwed.”
The story details the life of the Navy SEAL after the successful raid to take out the No. 1 terrorist, and it asserts that once the SEAL got out of the military he was left to fend for himself.
“...here is what he gets from his employer and a grateful nation:
Nothing. No pension, no health care, and no protection for himself or his family.”
Except the claim about health care is wrong. And no servicemember who does less than 20 years gets a pension, unless he has to medically retire.
Like every combat veteran of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, the former SEAL, who is identified in the story only as “the Shooter”, is automatically eligible for five years of free healthcare through the Department of Veterans Affairs.
But the story doesn’t mention that.
The writer, Phil Bronstein, who heads up the Center for Investigative Reporting, stands by the story. He said the assertion that the government gave the SEAL “nothing” in terms of health care is both fair and accurate, because the SEAL didn’t know the VA benefits existed.
“No one ever told him that this is available,” Bronstein said.
He said there wasn’t space in the article to explain that the former SEAL’s lack of healthcare was driven by an ignorance of the benefits to which he is entitled.
“That’s a different story,” Bronstein said in a phone interview with Stars and Stripes about what he omitted from the article.
The Center for Investigating Reporting posted a story on its website today that goes into greater detail about the SEAL's interactions with the VA, including that he has a disability claim that is stuck in the backlog.
Esquire magazine has not yet responded to a request for comment.
The story’s claims are getting a lot of buzz - The Washington Post picked up the detail about the SEAL's healthcare situation - disconcerting veteran advocates like Brandon Friedman, who served as an Army infantry officer in Iraq and Afghanistan and used to be a VA public affairs officer.
“Misinformation like this doesn’t help veterans,” he said. “When one veteran hears in a high-profile story that another veteran was denied care, it makes him or her less likely to enroll in the VA system.”

He might have "assumed " he was entitled to more if he left early, because of what he did ..

Bullshit. Your telling me a guy who was smart enough and tough enough to make it into DEVGRU, and be among the men selected for the UBL hit is not smart enough to figure out what his benefits are? Oh, so he didn't have to go to levy briefings or separation briefings? Or maybe he didn't go because he was just too cool for school? Ignorance is not a justification here. This guy is looking for a pity party. The fact that this guy is trying to play dumb is ridiculous, and his b.s. and this b.s. article all just feed into stereotypes that I have worked my ass off for the last 3 years trying convince people aren't true. Seriously, this guy is acting like a little kid and it's embarrassing to the NSW community in general and the DEVGRU community specifically.

Bullshit. Your telling me a guy who was smart enough and tough enough to make it into DEVGRU, and be among the men selected for the UBL hit is not smart enough to figure out what his benefits are? Oh, so he didn't have to go to levy briefings or separation briefings? Or maybe he didn't go because he was just too cool for school? Ignorance is not a justification here. This guy is looking for a pity party. The fact that this guy is trying to play dumb is ridiculous, and his b.s. and this b.s. article all just feed into stereotypes that I have worked my ass off for the last 3 years trying convince people aren't true. Seriously, this guy is acting like a little kid and it's embarrassing to the NSW community in general and the DEVGRU community specifically.

Specifically what I am saying is, "Hey, I killed the most wanted man in the world, and won't want for anything again"

Was there anyone on the raid who isn't a douche?

Oh, probably the guys who aren't running their cake holsters to the media.

"The Shooter" is an idiot. I stand by that. I also think there's more someone isn't saying. I can't wrap my head around this story. DEVGRU and he shows the phenomenal thought process displayed in that article? Wow. I hope he's PNG'ed from the community.

The past few years that DEVGRU has been continuously on the front page, it's been involved in one politically convenient drama after another.

How did one of the greatest, most effective and most clandestine units on earth go from a place of prestige to a military soap opera? It used to be that you didn't even hear about these guys except in fiction, (or in the past tense with Marcinko). Now we're going to be hearing from them every time they run out of toilet paper?

I've seen PFCs work the VA and disability system. It's difficult but not impossible.

*ETA since when have libs gotten so upset about veterans getting screwed? This is even on MSNBC. Just a few days ago fewls were posting filth about Chris Kyle being killed now they are crying over this alleged SEAL's healthcare? I dont get it.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/50778489

Did Esquire get punked?
http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=34097
Yeah, well, I’ve been told that you folks getting out of the service have five years of Tricare, whatever is left of it after this administration gets done with it. And that doesn’t include the Veterans Affairs stuff. All of those things would get him a service-connected rating, treatment and help for his family. And as TSO said; “…and he can grab a 200k job in about 4 seconds with DynCorps”.
So, I’m thinking that this Phil Bronstein, who happens to be the executive chairman of the Center for Investigative Reporting and wrote the article got rolled by someone, it looks like there were quite a few involved in the asshattery. If he wasn’t tricked by a phony, then the article he wrote sucked. Either way, I wouldn’t let him be the executive director of anything named for investigative journalism.

I havent had the time to view this, just a couple of seconds but for your perusal:

I hate to say it, but if there is this much of a shit show in the public eye, imagine what is going on that is not in the public eye. I hate to imagine this, but my gut feeling is that this is just the tip of the iceberg for this organization right now.

I sincerely hope it is not a real story..

What I'm wondering is, he apparently had suicidal thoughts along with drinking and Ambien, and they still allowed him to be in the unit?

Back