'Zero Dark Thirty' hunts for Bin Laden -- and more

I still can't get around the 'canaries' thingy....oh well, thats public schools for you.

;-) Google is your friend... :-"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_sentinels
The classic example is the "canary in the coal mine". Well into the 20th century, coal miners brought canaries into coal mines as an early-warning signal for toxic gases, primarily carbon monoxide.[2] The birds, being more sensitive, would become sick before the miners, who would then have a chance to escape or put on protective respirators.

I think he said because he doesn't get a rush from two way ranges any more.. Surely he could have taken a desk job somewhere?
I met some fat/old MSG types in Delta that were no longer doing the deed, but weren't getting kicked out of the unit anytime soon. Plenty of things a guy can do in those units trying to ride out to retirement.

In my very humble opinion, I truly feel for the unnamed operator in the article if he really is struggling.

...but with that said, for the unnamed operator to make it into that command he had to have been a great Frogman (its probably the toughest path out there) and for him to make team leader within that command is pretty astounding. He may not necessarily want to commit to Government contracting, or potentially "move on up to the next level", but with his experience - the pay would definitely remedy his situation.

;-) Google is your friend... :-"

I know why they were used for, I just don't get the analogy..... :(

1-loser_.jpg

In my very humble opinion, I truly feel for the unnamed operator in the article if he really is struggling.

...but with that said, for the unnamed operator to make it into that command he had to have been a great Frogman (its probably the toughest path out there) and for him to make team leader within that command is pretty astounding. He may not necessarily want to commit to Government contracting, or potentially "move on up to the next level", but with his experience - the pay would definitely remedy his situation.

I have a strong feeling that you saw an opportunity to spew "OPERATOR" and "FROGMAN" and just couldn't resist. I looked at your profile and wouldn't you know it.... "OPERATOR" was there. You're 18...wtf do you know about what is "the toughest path out there"?

Go do PT...

I have a strong feeling that you saw an opportunity to spew "OPERATOR" and "FROGMAN" and just couldn't resist. I looked at your profile and wouldn't you know it.... "OPERATOR" was there. You're 18...wtf do you know about what is "the toughest path out there"?

Go do PT...
I'm sorry If I came off as a douche...I did. I'm going to shut up and leave you guys alone. Sorry.

This is hearsay, but I understand Obama said, Hell no. My guys are not surrendering. What do we need to rain hell on the Pakistani military? That was the one time in my life I was thinking, I am fucking voting for this guy. I had a picture of him lying in bed at night, thinking, You're not fucking with my guys. Like, he's thinking about us.

I'll be honest, I skimmed through it. However this made me almost crack a rib... :rolleyes:

There are plenty of people in the world today who put their heads down, put their left in front of the right everyday, and provide for their family.

I met some fat/old MSG types in Delta that were no longer doing the deed, but weren't getting kicked out of the unit anytime soon. Plenty of things a guy can do in those units trying to ride out to retirement.

My point exactly.. Same in most SF Unit's world wide.. Why loose huge experience when you can take him off the Teams and put him into the school house, Become part of the Directing Staff .. get home most nights and weekends..

DEV has training squadron, it has R&D department, testing and evaluation of new equipment, recruiting. If he's real - he got kicked out.

Rules of retirement are stated when you sign the line. Everyone knows the deal from square number one 20 years for retirement. There are allot of whole lot of guys not collecting retirement that chose to resign or ETSed prior to retirement.

Back