Selection of personal sidearms

Trust me, these guns are not in circulation, and we WILL get them eventually.

But thanks for the solid advice anyhow.

Wow, that's a messed up story! Sorry about the assumptions. Yup, it has to be someone who knows what you have and where it was. That would seem to narrow it down I hope! I don't know if it's worth the $$$ to you or not, but consider talking with a real safe installer. A true TL30 rated safe* installed correctly, will take a fork lift or explosives to get out of there! ...Good luck.

* To the best of my knowledge, only AMSEC makes TL30 rated gun safe. Not even bolted down, it's almost 3,500lbs. Bolted down, It's not going anyplace short of industrial fork lift. See:

http://www.deansafe.com/ams-rf6528.html

Sorry for the injury/death of your dogs Raven. Also sorry for your theft loss.:(
Wonder what the list of parolees living in your neighborhood looks like. If you have a decent probation department, perhaps they could help you out also.
Hopefully the Investigator assigned to your case isn't over whelmed with cases so he/she can spend time with you solving this. The suspects have a track record in this, would be interested in checking outside agencies for similar M.O.A.

For some reason I always get taken as "one of the guys"....good thing I have no feelings, otherwise they might have been stomped on-LOL
I'd rather hang with the guys anyways-I lean more that way.

Thanks for the tip on the safe, I am actually going to pursue that, otherwise I might end up in prison....God forbid it should ever happen again. But it wont.

Again, I just want to say thanks for the advice-it is truely welcome.

RowdyRaven

"Hang tight-cause its gonna be one hell of a ride....awe shit....that left a mark didn't it" :evil:

Holly shit. That makes me re-evaluate the whole "saferoom-walkin closet" concept.

Times are tough out there....economically and in the job market. Things are on a downward spiral for common folks-and crazy crime is on the rise.

Trust me when I tell you its going to get worse before it gets better.

What happened to me, and the others here is NOT the same thing, but it does serve as an example of just how nuts some people are...or are getting to be.

The more desperate thier circumstances, the more dangerous they become.

I am damned glad I am armed and dangerous.

Thats my story and I'm stickin to it.:2c:

Unless you want to go the Fort Knox\former NORAD Colorado Springs facility\bunker up the house.... reasonable security is a a formulation of

Threat/Vulnerabilities/Assets Available.
Yeah, it's that damn "assets available"($$$) that's the limiting factor for me!
No shortage of threats.
I'm slowly Working on the vulnerabilities:D

Will mentioned the tax writeoff idea, and that's something I'll look into also, working as a "Security Director" (just a fancy freaking title..but maybe I can use it as Will suggested).

:cool:

I carry a Springfield TRP on duty. For off duty it depends on my clothing and mood. Mostly a Sig 229. I carry the Ruger LCP for a "get off me gun" when I'm not wearing layers.

Most of the officers on my department carry the issued Tupperware (Glock 22). I like Glock, but prefer a 1911 to about everything else on the market. About a year ago I finally convinced the chief into letting officers carry what works best for them. Everyone is built differently and some just do better with something else.

Just my $.02

Well, after realizing the "patrol carry" gun was not needed so much, and more of a (Hospital/polo shirts) "plainclothes" (CCW) rig was, I made some changes. Sold the HiPower .40 (in ONE day!) and purchased the following 2 replacements:
(Both are small enough to fit my smaller hand, and can hide easily under polo shirts.)

KAHR P45 w/tritiums and blackened stainless slide
Anyone have good advice on the best defense ammo for the .45???
KAHRp45.jpg

S&W 442
My research indicates the Speer .38 (+P) gold dot short barrel 135grains JHP for the .38.
442small.jpg

I like that H! I don't reload, but that's a nice thought. I kept reading about the "FBI" 158gr LWC load also for the .38.
I actually couldn't find hardly ANY 38sp. ammo, until I went to my little gunshop, then he didn't have the Speer 135's, but I had read good numbers on the Hornady "critical defense" 110gr. JHP's and grabbed a box of those, that he did have.

Any good advice on a .45 round? Am I okay with just about anything in a 230g JHP? Any favorites?
(It's my FIRST .45! :))

what i carry

even though im not military (God how i wish i was ) i carry a Beretta 9 Mil and a Beretta 22 cal i keep in a pocket holster.along with my CRKT M16-14SF

Attachments

• what i carry.jpg
    what i carry.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 31
Our department issues every deputy a Glock 22. If your in a specialized unit that rolls plain clothes you have the option of an alternate duty weapon. I've been shooting the Glock 22 for about 15 years and have never had a problem. One of my partners has reported to me having problems with the light attached to the frame though.

I was carrying a Glock 22, and when I get back to the States I will try to get my Concealed permit, and then will need a new one to carry. When I came over here for some reason I had about 250 rounds of .40 target, and about 100 rounds of .40 "home protection" rounds. I actually donated them to the Police department in my Mom's little town before I left. They all carry the Glock 22 as well. I am sure they found a good home... :)

I've settled on the 1911 in .45, backed up with the SW442 .38sp.

But I will admit I've got my eye on the XDm...and I'm just waiting to see if they're gonna come out with the thing in .45 or not. It would be nice to standardize on .45 ammo.

I still have a bunch of .40sw left over from my old Browning Highpower...so maybe I'll get tired of waiting and get the XDm in .40 soon...if they don't get off their ass and start making one in .45.

xdm.jpg

Back