"Selfie Culture"

Country music is dogshit

Most of the new country music sounds the same to me. Chris Stapleton is an exception. And George Jones had a voice like smooth bourbon.

You beat me too it. I listen a lot of different genres of music, to include George Jones, Conway, and Merle Haggard. Thats about it for country. Today's country music is junk and can't hold a candle to those OGs.

My "Country-ish" playlist on Spotify has two modern artists: Chris Stapleton and Tyler Childers, the rest are Cash and outlaw country. I was raised on old school country: Williams Sr., Patsy Cline, Ernest Tubb, etc., and religiously watched Hee Haw as a kid so my views on what passes for modern country music are understandably quite negative.

I take back everything I said about her. If I was thirty years younger and she was thirty years older, I'd probably still be too old. But fun to think about. I'll be off-line for about 7 minutes...

There's a PA where I work, she likes to flirt. She pulled that line with me once, "if I was 10 years older and you were 10 years younger..." I said, "I'd still be older enough to be your dad." She replied, "maybe so, but I have daddy issues and I need a spanking...."

If you like old-school country in a modern package, check out the Malpass Brothers.

My "Country-ish" playlist on Spotify has two modern artists: Chris Stapleton and Tyler Childers, the rest are Cash and outlaw country. I was raised on old school country: Williams Sr., Patsy Cline, Ernest Tubb, etc., and religiously watched Hee Haw as a kid so my views on what passes for modern country music are understandably quite negative.
I didn't listen to any country until I got to college, and the only reason I did then was because I went to school in middle Georgia and that's what the girls I liked listened to. But it grew on me. Hank Jr. and yes Garth Brooks, but it grew from there.

Garth Brooks is marijuana or mushrooms. You feel good then you start thinking "what else is out there", and before you know it you're listening to Florida-Georgia Line

Brooks is a serial killer who recruits for the cult of Modern Country Music. Do not believe the hype. Walk away, America, walk away.

Garth Brooks is marijuana or mushrooms. You feel good then you start thinking "what else is out there", and before you know it you're listening to Florida-Georgia Line

Brooks is a serial killer who recruits for the cult of Modern Country Music. Do not believe the hype. Walk away, America, walk away.
I don't mind Florida-Georgia Line. I liked "Cruise" and thought Bebe Rexha was lovely in "Meant to Be."

I mean, they're no Nickleback but they're good enough.

Back