Serial... a podcast

RetPara

SOF Support
Last fall a rather compelling podcast on a murder from 1999 in the Baltimore suburbs debuted. This podcast has generated a LOT of interest in the case and to me, pretty much displays how you can (probably IMO) be innocent and end up spending at least the next 15 years, if not the rest of your life in prison. It’s continued into a number of podcasts, specifically Undisclosed which is re investigating the evidence and advocating for Adnon’s retrial or release.

Season two is coming up in the next few weeks and fairly reliable rumint has that the show will be look at the Bergdahl case….

Serial

About | Undisclosed Podcast

I loved Serial. I would be interested if they did it on the Bergdahl case, I think that the military would have kept many of the witnesses from speaking out.

The Army did keep people gagged up. Till they got out of the Army..... Now they've been talking long and loud. RumInt also indicates that Sontag the reporter for Serial; has talking to Bergdahl platoon.

The Army did keep people gagged up. Till they got out of the Army..... Now they've been talking long and loud. RumInt also indicates that Sontag the reporter for Serial; has talking to Bergdahl platoon.

Will be interesting then.

I'm currently listening to Serial. Funny story, my ex wife is actually on the research team for the creators.
It's a very interesting setup and they do a phenomenal job.

Hmmm....not sure if I even want to raise my pain points on this topic any further than they already are.

It'll be interesting to see how they spin his story (i.e. wait for interviews from Platoon Members, and how those questions are posed, cut, etc)

The wife was a fan of last year's podcast. Here is her review of episode one :

"This guy is a complete idiot who forgot all of his basic training when he walked off, this makes him look so bad. No sympathy being built for him and I'm a suburban white soccer mom who wants to give everyone a chance. "

A very liberal friend of mine saw the first episode and thought he had "done his time." When I pointed out what "desertion" meant he changed his view to "life in prison." Not "death" which is what Bergdahl deserves, but my friend had to see the UCMJ in black and white to even budge from time served. I guess he is used to gray areas and the like, but Art. 85 is pretty clear.

I realize that his entire office and NCO chain probably got trashed. But in over 20 years in the Marines and Army, and since I have not seen such a incredibly stupid, fucking arrogant, jackass (and that's including judging him against a plethora of 2nd Lts) in my life. I have done some incredibly STUPID shit in my life as a whole; NOTHING equals the magnitude of what he did. Not only will he need his personal security detail till he gets off active duty; but I would dare say his quality of life and life expectancy throws him into the level of risk for insurance policies usually reserved for professionals in extreme sports. YES; this is how I really feel. It did take an effort to succinct about it though.

IICR, At the time of his exchange, his new friends, "Captors", said that idf he ever came back, they would shoot him dead; on the spot. Bergdhal just made lots of friends:rolleyes::blkeye::youllpay:.

Last edited:
Last fall a rather compelling podcast on a murder from 1999 in the Baltimore suburbs debuted. This podcast has generated a LOT of interest in the case and to me, pretty much displays how you can (probably IMO) be innocent and end up spending at least the next 15 years, if not the rest of your life in prison. It’s continued into a number of podcasts, specifically Undisclosed which is re investigating the evidence and advocating for Adnon’s retrial or release.

Season two is coming up in the next few weeks and fairly reliable rumint has that the show will be look at the Bergdahl case….

Serial

About | Undisclosed Podcast

I was just flipping through the posts and seen this. The first story is pretty old. If you go back through Radiolab podcasts you'll see it. It kind of erks me a little because I like listening to public radio, but if you subscribe and listen to many podcasts, all of these stories overlap. Different podcasts will pick up where another one left off or will be extended as a follow up to the story a year or two later. Radiolab was definitely my s%$# back in the day.

Back