SF & "good old" .45

I'm wondering how that new Sig250 Polymer is working out...anybody heard anything?

M9's are standard issue, the only units that i know for sure are issued a 1911 is AMU, SARG and MTU (bulls-eye) shooting teams.... Thats not say that a few units dont have them or are not allowing them to be issued, I have just only seen shooting teams with them...

As for the M9, it's big heavy and takes a lot of skill to become good with. I however have zero problem taking one into combat. $.02

SF has 45's. As matter of fact when I was in the CIF, I Had my choice between a tricked out 45, a Glock 19, and a Beretta which no one chose. The team I am on now we had to turn our 45s in to get refurbished, we are now running Glock 19s.

M9

Yea, It is a M9, but with what looks like Hogue rubber grips. Also seems to have an aftermarket mag. Floorplate is different. Beretta factory mags ain't the best. Springs need to be changed to Wolff.

The frame size/shape (handgrip mostly), the mag release size, slide release, not ambidextrous just to name a few...

Additionally, it is not constructed well. I've broken two of them. I think I said this before in another post. By broken, I mean the shit broke, not just a stoppage. I broke it. I also hate that, for being a pistol with such a large frame, my right thumb seems to be inconveniently placed to hit the slide release when I'm wearing gloves. This is an issue because when I pull the trigger and get a deadman's click, I have to make a split-second decision on whether I have a to tap-slap-rack or I need to change mags.

wow old thread... The ODA that I worked with with in the exact same AO that pic was taken in had 1911s, M9s, and a couple Glocks, that's what I saw them carrying.

It's an M9. Looks like he's added some sort of wrap-around grip (Hogue maybe) or grip tape.

Until I retire, I will politely refrain from any comments regarding SF guys using anything other than the official, issue, pistol, M9, one(1) ea.:p

Back