SFAS complete...next step help

While the books are ok there is a military forum, not unlike this one, for the South African Parabat that can give you a real time view of what is going on over in Africa. I think they even use the same software as this forum. Here is the link: http://www.airbornesoldier.com/Forums/index.php I infrequently post there. Same user name as here. All Airborne and SOF will be vetted and non-airborne military and civilians have very limited access and not much of a say in things. Keep in mind their's is a harsh life in Africa with terrorism a daily event. Things that might shock or horrify you here are a normal posting on that board. On the other hand, there are some pretty funny people over there. Most are South Africans, some Brits and just a few of us Americans. If you sign up, let me know and I will post in your thread to verify you.

Okay thanks. I will definitely check it out over the next few days.

Congratulations on your selection, Viper. Best wishes on your continued education in the pipeline.

It was indeed hot in NC this month. Hope you weren't out in the field when the heat casualty occurred...

Congratulations on your selection, Viper. Best wishes on your continued education in the pipeline.

It was indeed hot in NC this month. Hope you weren't out in the field when the heat casualty occurred...

Unfortunately that was my class. They had most everyone from all the phases looking for him. Sad deal, but he must have wanted it really bad.

Viper congrats on getting selected. Now the hard part begins stay in tip top shape, keep your mouth closed and eyes and ears opened. Right now concentrate on the q-course. If you already know what language you were picked up for get on ako and enroll in rosetta stone. Grab your 7-8 and ranger handbook and read it.....recon, raid, ambush, mission planning, opord etc. Remember that people are still going to get booted in the Q, dont be that guy. Selection was the easy part. You are coming to a pipehitting group which I am proud to be part off. Look forward to seeing you in a year and a half or so. Pm me with any questions.

Viper congrats on getting selected. Now the hard part begins stay in tip top shape, keep your mouth closed and eyes and ears opened. Right now concentrate on the q-course. If you already know what language you were picked up for get on ako and enroll in rosetta stone. Grab your 7-8 and ranger handbook and read it.....recon, raid, ambush, mission planning, opord etc. Remember that people are still going to get booted in the Q, dont be that guy. Selection was the easy part. You are coming to a pipehitting group which I am proud to be part off. Look forward to seeing you in a year and a half or so. Pm me with any questions.

Thanks for the advice. I've got a lot of prep work to do before I hit MCCC and Q. (deployment upcoming as well, job unknown as of today). I love that most SF Soldiers I've met have the dedication and work ethic of professional athletes...but also of professional scholars/learners. I'm going to 3rd SFG and received French as my language. I'm looking forward to getting back to school.

SFAS? 14 days??? WTF!!!!!

Well, good job anyway. Not your fault it's not as hard as it used to be. Please tell me they at least had team week. As you can probably tell, I went to the last hard class:)

For Africa: A Long Way Gone, http://www.amazon.com/Long-Way-Gone...d_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214851526&sr=8-1

The Shackled Continent
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b...oks&field-keywords=Shackled+Continent&x=0&y=0

Thanks for the recommendations.

14 Day was a smoker nonetheless, and yes they have team week. Can't disclose much more than that. My feet hurt, my back ached, we walked a lot and we carried heavy stuff, and as always, it's individual assessment. "Do your best, follow the instructions" were the words to live by there at Mackall.

Can anyone tell me why Pamwe Chete is $200???

PAMWE CHETE

Congratulations on SFAS!

As far as Pamwe Chete…. Making a long story short. Peter Stiff wrote Selous Scouts – Top Secret War with (or as told by) Reid-Daly. That book went out of print but is still available used. Reid-Daly revised and rewrote the book without Peter Stiff which is Pamwe Chete. Reid-Daly was then sued by Siff in South Africa for copyright infringements (about illustrations of maps used in the book to be exact). Reid lost the suit and was ordered to pull all books off the shelf of all unsold copies and turn them over to Stiff or destroy them. He opted to destroy them. So now this book is only available used and in limited numbers from people how purchased the title prior to them being pulled from the shelf’s. I have heard rumors of another reworked title by Reid, but no confirmation.

I attached a 40-page document of the legal proceedings with detailed information.

Attachments

• Stiff versus Reid- Daly.doc
    138.5 KB · Views: 174
Congratulations on SFAS!

As far as Pamwe Chete…. Making a long story short. Peter Stiff wrote Selous Scouts – Top Secret War with (or as told by) Reid-Daly. That book went out of print but is still available used. Reid-Daly revised and rewrote the book without Peter Stiff which is Pamwe Chete. Reid-Daly was then sued by Siff in South Africa for copyright infringements (about illustrations of maps used in the book to be exact). Reid lost the suit and was ordered to pull all books off the shelf of all unsold copies and turn them over to Stiff or destroy them. He opted to destroy them. So now this book is only available used and in limited numbers from people how purchased the title prior to them being pulled from the shelf’s. I have heard rumors of another reworked title by Reid, but no confirmation.

I attached a 40-page document of the legal proceedings with detailed information.

Thanks for the update.

Congrats on Selection. And thanks for the welcome on my intro. I joined this site to gain info and insite into SF and you seem to be one of the newest members from SFAS. Hoping you can give an outlook on the NEW SFAS regime. Im looking to go SFAS in a yr or so and not sure if Guard or AD. What was the hardest parts for you and the guys. Any advice to a would be applicant. PM if ya like.
Congrats again and good luck!

Congrats on Selection. And thanks for the welcome on my intro. I joined this site to gain info and insite into SF and you seem to be one of the newest members from SFAS. Hoping you can give an outlook on the NEW SFAS regime. Im looking to go SFAS in a yr or so and not sure if Guard or AD. What was the hardest parts for you and the guys. Any advice to a would be applicant. PM if ya like.
Congrats again and good luck!

1st rule of SFAS....NO ONE talks about SFAS!
2nd rule of SFAS...SEE Rule #1

Stop trying to get the inside G2 or "poop"
Go to SFAS blind and enjoy the experience. There is a reason the events and schedule is never known until the moment you are told to go do something. Stop trying to get over and circumvent the system. Besides you want to go A YEAR from now...what makes you think it won't go back to the 24days it used to be....go do pt

Go to SFAS blind and enjoy the experience. There is a reason the events and schedule is never known until the moment you are told to go do something. Stop trying to get over and circumvent the system. Besides you want to go A YEAR from now...what makes you think it won't go back to the 24days it used to be....go do pt

QuietStorm, Aequitas is definitely correct. I can give you some advice on the application process and some websites to look at information but I'm not at liberty to discuss the actual course except for these points:
1) Drink lots of water
2) Be in great shape, physically AND mentally/spiritually (Mental preparation can be helped by say, rucking in the snow or something else that kinda sucks)
3) Don't quit. Don't "self-select" yourself out.
4) Do your best at each event. Once that event is done, focus solely on the next one
5) If you do your best everytime, peer evals will take care of themselves
6) The course always changes.
7) Have the support of your family helps, but remember, it's something that you must go forward with and commit to yourself, alone.

EDIT: And 8) Remember that SFAS is just Step 1 of a long process before you can even get to a team. Trust me, as I finish up another deployment, no one is more aware of this than I. A lot of people tell me SFAS was the easy part and I don't doubt it at all. I have a lot of work to do before I finally "arrive" at Phase II, and then there is still more to be done. I'm excited about the journey though and wouldn't trade the chance to complete the Q-Course for anything else in the world.

Good luck. I'll post a couple links here that are good-to-go for finding out more information (SF Recruiting, etc).

Aequitas-- Long story short I didnt like your responce... I got cocky with my respone. (Long story short) I have since aplogized to you and your brothers. It was out of characther o me and once again. Im sorry bout that.

Back