SFAS complete...next step help

QuietStorm, Aequitas is definitely correct. I can give you some advice on the application process and some websites to look at information but I'm not at liberty to discuss the actual course except for these points:
1) Drink lots of water
2) Be in great shape, physically AND mentally/spiritually (Mental preparation can be helped by say, rucking in the snow or something else that kinda sucks)
3) Don't quit. Don't "self-select" yourself out.
4) Do your best at each event. Once that event is done, focus solely on the next one
5) If you do your best everytime, peer evals will take care of themselves
6) The course always changes.
7) Have the support of your family helps, but remember, it's something that you must go forward with and commit to yourself, alone.

EDIT: And 8) Remember that SFAS is just Step 1 of a long process before you can even get to a team. Trust me, as I finish up another deployment, no one is more aware of this than I. A lot of people tell me SFAS was the easy part and I don't doubt it at all. I have a lot of work to do before I finally "arrive" at Phase II, and then there is still more to be done. I'm excited about the journey though and wouldn't trade the chance to complete the Q-Course for anything else in the world.

Good luck. I'll post a couple links here that are good-to-go for finding out more information (SF Recruiting, etc).

Thanks for the advice. Much more helpful than Aequitas post.
I knew you cant talk bout everything per the outbrief etc. But thanks for what advice you have given thus far!

Aequitas-- I quoted and asked Viper for a LITTLE info. I dont need nor did i request your sarcasim. I have been in security field for 8yrs so i understand opsec etc. Thanks for the "rule," though not needed. I was not asking Critical Details and i can pull up numerus threads on guys giving advice on SFAS and Q course. Viper was a recent grad and I just wanted to congradulate him and ask a couple ?'s. Now the 8 steps that Viper provided was much more helpful and did not violate SFAS opsec im sure!
Futhermore. If SFAS was 2 weeks or 2 months it still would not deter me from going!

Hey stud,
Your SA sucks. If you havent noticed, Aequitas is a QP, has BTDT, and gave you solid advice. If his advice hurt your feelings, you wouldnt make it 5 minutes in the team room.
I take it personal when people disrespect my Brothers. Considering many of the SFAS comitee cadre are members of this site, you may want to stay in your lane.
Keep it up, and you will self select yourself as a "no go" before you arrive to SFAS.:2c::2c::2c:.

SBG sends

This thread now has the potential to be a "kinetic event." Let's not allow that to happen everyone.

This thread now has the potential to be a "kinetic event." Let's not allow that to happen everyone.

Yeah you are right. I stand corrected. I didnt think that my quetion was out of line per opsec but looking back maybe my responce was.

AEQUITAS--- I send my apologize although you may have not seen my last post . I will not edit it at this point so that you may read it.

Shortbrownguy--- Id feel the same way about the "brotherhood." My Apologizes!

Surgicalcric--- Advice taken from the intro thread..thanks.

Once again fellas APOLOGIZES. I am no shit bag by no means and that last post was OUT OF CHARACTER for me. I have no excuse and was out of line especially for a new guy here. I cant be any more clear than that, and i feel like i stepped on my dick!

I'll get back to you on this as I'm half drunk :D

I spent some time in Africa and have impeccable contacts there as well as insider knowledge myself.

I can help, give me one hangover and I'll get back to you. :cool:

I may know a little something about the topic;).
Shoot me a PM.
Congrats!!!

14 days......unbelievable.

Almost 6 years ago I went through that shit twice. Full course both times, first May than June. I must admit that I was initially a little annoyed to hear that it was shortened like that, but congratulations to ya anyway Viper. Your success motivates others.

Maybe I'll even give it one last go eventually, while I'm still in top physical condition.

Back