ShadowSpear Introduction

3qualize

Unverified
Good morning, I am a college student on applicant status with the US army. My goal is to serve in Special Operations, as the most important missions are undertaken by these units, and I want the opportunity to push myself past the limits that I have experienced thus far. I have been thinking about this since I was a young child, however I am completely green to this community and to the military at large.
Currently I am hunting for 11x 40 opt contracts, however my recruiters are pushing me towards 18x. Both jobs speak to me, however I feel like what is holding me back is the fear of failure. I have months before I will even ship to basic, so I have time to think this over, and I have joined this community to gain some insight into other peoples experience, and advice on serving in SOF. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Welcome aboard!

I have a simple question based on your introduction. Are you sure that the most important missions are undertaken by "those" units?

Just curious.
Not at all, I've never served in [any] of those units so I can't speak for what they have done in the field save for what I can absorb from history books and peoples own first hand experience. However, I do know that the mission set and qualification standards are what draw me to these units. I'm not sure if my position on this may come across as jaded or naive, however I'm still attracted to these positions regardless of the missions being assigned

Thank you all for the welcome, I am eager to learn as much as I can from you all.

Not at all, I've never served in [any] of those units so I can't speak for what they have done in the field save for what I can absorb from history books and peoples own first hand experience. However, I do know that the mission set and qualification standards are what draw me to these units. I'm not sure if my position on this may come across as jaded or naive, however I'm still attracted to these positions regardless of the missions being assigned

Thank you all for the welcome, I am eager to learn as much as I can from you all.

Very well. Thank you!

Back