"Silent Coup" in Pakistan?

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_new...-coup-rumors-swirl-as-zardari-leaves-pakistan

An article published Tuesday on the website of Foreign Policy magazine quoted an unnamed former U.S. government official as saying Zardari was "incoherent" when he spoke with President Barack Obama by telephone over the weekend.
Parts of the U.S. government were also informed that Zardari had a "minor heart attack" on Monday night and might resign on account of "ill health" amid the uproar over the memo scandal, the source said.
"The noose was getting tighter -- it was only a matter of time," the former official reportedly told Foreign Policy.
The story quickly spread on Twitter and it was picked up by Pakistan's ratings-hungry television channels.
Rumors also circulated on Twitter of an army takeover on Tuesday night, but that was quickly recanted by the original poster.
"Some elements blew up this to create unrest in the country," said Fauzia Wahab, a senior member of Zardari's Pakistan People's Party. "His visit to Dubai and having a medical check-up is perfectly normal."

Hmm, will be very interesting if it's true. Who is behind it and why? Will this a good or bad thing for US/Paki relations? I guess we'll see.

Hmm, will be very interesting if it's true. Who is behind it and why? Will this a good or bad thing for US/Paki relations? I guess we'll see.

Unless someone takes power that will clean house in the ISI and then keep it under control from that point forward, I don't think it makes too much of a difference who's "in charge".

Unless someone takes power that will clean house in the ISI and then keep it under control from that point forward, I don't think it makes too much of a difference who's "in charge".

Hmm, well a public cooling of the anti USA rhetoric would certainly help us, but yes the ISI is the constant thorn in the side.

I agree. Even if there is a coup of some type, the same people will be in charge then as are in charge now, and it's not the elected civilian leadership.

Back