Imran Khan Arrested (Pakistan Politician)

AWP

SOF Support
The former PM of Pakistan was arrested yesterday, which ordinarily I could care less about, but the Army and ISI are going a bit hard in the paint on this one. They've rolled up Khan and other members of the PTI (a political party) in the last 2 days and now you have protests and riots occurring in PK. Not to be outdone, his supporters in the US, UK, and Canada are protesting as well.

The PK gov't has cut the internet (standard practice in the ME) and at least two were killed during the protests. Go figure, coverage on Twitter dwarfs what the MSM is pushing.

A nuke-armed country where the Army and intel service are your shadow gov't? No worries...

Imran Khan: Pakistan arrests hundreds as former PM appears in court

I think that's pretty much SOP for the Paks... their former PMs either end up jailed, or murdered, or murdered before they can go to jail, or they go to jail and are then murdered. In fact, someone tried to whack Imran Khan at least once already.

Factbox: Pakistan's history of coups and assassinations

...I sure am glad that I live in a country where we don't enact political retribution on our former heads of state!

Monkey Puppet GIF

I have mentioned on here before I had a relationship with Pakistan, and still stay in touch with some Pakis. They say it is an utter shit show. Much like Trump, it's binary: they hate the guy or they love they guy and no amount of objective data sways opinions.

Pakistan will never unfuck itself. Thirty years from now, if India doesn’t nuke it, it will look exactly the same. The “Fifty million people and one toilet” line was from a buddy of mine, retired DEA, who’d spent time at the DEA’s foreign division Islamabad. We were drinking one night years ago and that was all he’d say about it.

Pakistan will never unfuck itself. Thirty years from now, if India doesn’t nuke it, it will look exactly the same. The “Fifty million people and one toilet” line was from a buddy of mine, retired DEA, who’d spent time at the DEA’s foreign division Islamabad. We were drinking one night years ago and that was all he’d say about it.

There are some pretty parts to Pakistan, and generally the people are great. But I would not go back. The same things are happening to it that happened to Beirut/Lebanon and Afghanistan, just a lot slower.

Back