Silent Heroes - photos

Ravage

running up that hill
Not every Night Stalker has to be on board an aircraft to be important for the missions success...

040830axxxxt001bm9.jpg

Sgt. Tyler Everett of 2nd Battalion, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne), discusses helicopter maintenance issues with Sgt. Maj. of the Army Kenneth O. Preston Aug. 30 at Fort Campbell, Ky. Preston spoke to special operations Soldiers and viewed training events during his two-day visit. (Photo by Kelly A. Tyler, 160th SOAR)
052204t460102ld9.jpg

Chief Warrant Officer Todd Kuuntz, Company D, 2nd Battalion, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne), Fort Campbell, Ky., briefs Gen. Bryan D. Brown, commander of the U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla., during a June 22 visit to the 160th. (Photo by Kelly A. Tyler, 160th SOAR PAO)
060406a9745s020cy1.jpg

A senior noncommissioned officer from the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne) guides an MH-6M Little Bird helicopter in for a landing at one of two improvised heliports surrounding the Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville, Tenn. The "Little Bird" is one of three 160th SOAR aircraft on display at the annual Army Association of America convention in the hotel. (Photo by Walt Sokalski, USASOC PAO)
060406a9745s075jw5.jpg

Soldiers from the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne) guide an MH-47G Chinook helicopter along the sometimes crowded streets surrounding the Opryland Hotel in Nashville, Tenn. All 14 Army and industry helicopters on display at this year's Army Aviation Association of America Annual Convention landed at one of two remote parking lots surrounding the hotel and were pulled from the improvised heliports into the convention center. The 160th SOAR (A) served as "air boss" for the fly-in and will perform similarly when they reverse the process after the convention. (Photo by Walt Sokalski, USASOC PAO)

The first photo of the mechanic talking to the SMA is great. :cool:I was a mech XO and BN Maintenance Officer and I had nothing but love for my mechanics and their Chief. A "motivational" poster I saw once put it well:

Mechanic: Where a high school diploma fixes what a college degree screws up.

Some of these pics are old. . .is this in reference to a particular event?:uhh:

Back