Silly shit in a gun shop

8'Duece

I know most of us have visited a gun shop/FFL or two in our lifetimes. Hell, we've all got firearms out the wazzoo so I know you have.

We've also heard all the BS stories that can vomit out of the mouth of some fat guy standing around with nothing else to do but hang out every day in said gunshop/FFl. You know, the big bore caliber morons still wearing their issued OD-Green Army jacket with shit pins all over it ?? :confused:

Yesterday I found a Scattergun Tech Remington 870 in good condition for my oldest son for Christmas. My younger son was looking at the fleece Army tops while I made my case for getting a hundred dollars knocked off and to throw in an AR/15 Armorers tool to finalize the deal. A $39.96 value for the armorers tool.

Some younger dude was committed to buying a Del Ton 16" retactable stock AR and was standing their waiting his turn at the 4473 form. He actually was trading in an M1 Carbine and some other rifle I didn't pay too much attention too. As he was fondling the Del Ton I ask If I have a look over it and I found a bazillian things with it that would have prevented me from purchasing a Del Ton AR/15. Nothing about his particular rifle was Mil-Spec at all, and I mean nothing. I would go through the list of things for the posts sake I finish this up.

As he was filling out his 4473 I ask if the Del Ton was a chrome lined barrel. I was asking the store owner, not the buyer. :D

Customer asked to use a bore light to see if it's chrome lined. IT's NOT !!!! :eek:

I had my shotty in it's case with armorers tool in hand with reciept and I over heard the dude cancel the entire trade and purchase of the Del Ton rifle.

I got the hell out of there most ricky tick. :cool:

I had some fat bastard in a gun shop I visited ONCE try to tell me about sighting in a rifle when all I wanted was a set of Leupold lugs. I zeroed him in quick and gave him a tuneup in front of a bunch of customers. The trick with those asshats is to let them talk long enough to have enough shit to rip them apart with. My friend Mike was with me at the time and I can still hear him saying "I knew you could shoot, but man I didn't know you knew all that".

Interesting, first time I have heard bad things about the Del-ton; will keep that in mind for my next build.
You did good though.

Interesting, first time I have heard bad things about the Del-ton; will keep that in mind for my next build.
You did good though.

In all fairness to Del Ton I am not familiar with their entire lineup of rifles. This particular rifle was just not up to snuff based on a basic inspection of what should have been there and was not.

May have been one of their lower line rifles.

I am running a Del Ton lower and it is Mil Spec, I had gotten a few (six) a few years ago and built all six up and sold five keeping one for a room broom. I can't speak for anything else but the lowers and keep in mind they were all stripped that I built up with DPMS/RR mil spec parts. I used CMG uppers stripped, and built my own upper from mil-spec and match parts.

ETA: I was at an Academy store picking up some ammo, when I ran into this retard talking to the clerk about how he was a Sniper in Army and was going to the International Sniper Competition. He was looking to buy a new Remy 700 with a 26” barrel b/c that’s what he used in the Army. He wanted to practice for the upcoming comp, so he wanted to buy his own. So the clerk hands him a Remy 700 sporter with a 26” barrel (you know a deer rifle), but this one was in 270 win. I listened to this retard tell the clerk that yep this is exactly like his issue M24 except his issue was in 300 win-mag, that even the Simmons scope that came on it was just like his M24.

So I started to laugh uncontrollably when the clerk looked over at me with that WTF look, the retard looks at me and asked “what’s so funny” at that point with a heavy laugh in my voice I responded with “you are”. Then I told the clerk can I get some of that PMC 40 S&W in the 250 rd packs before the sniper over there pumps your ass full of more bullshit? I got my ammo, while Mr Sniper stood over there nice and quiet.

So I started to laugh uncontrollably when the clerk looked over at me with that WTF look, the retard looks at me and asked “what’s so funny” at that point with a heavy laugh in my voice I responded with “you are”. Then I told the clerk can I get some of that PMC 40 S&W in the 250 rd packs before the sniper over there pumps your ass full of more bullshit? I got my ammo, while Mr Sniper stood over there nice and quiet.

ROTFLMAO !!!! :D

Haven't you learned by now that every kid that walks into a gun shop is suddenly a Super Jedi Knight, CAG, Delta, DEVGRU, Sniper, SF, Ranger, SWAT and SRT Guy ?? :rolleyes:

ROTFLMAO !!!! :D

Haven't you learned by now that every kid that walks into a gun shop is suddenly a Super Jedi Knight, CAG, Delta, DEVGRU, Sniper, SF, Ranger, SWAT and SRT Guy ?? :rolleyes:

This skinny AmVet fuck last night would have given you a chuckle. I patted him on the back and said "nice to meet you", so tries to give me the crazy eyes and a threatening look and says "don't touch me, I'm shell shocked from Vietnam!". So I says "don't threaten me, I'm a well trained, pissed off Army Ranger and I'm married". One of the VFW guys looks and him and says "lighten up Francis". He just slunk back down in his bar stool and hugged his beer mug for the rest of the night. HAHAHAHA

This skinny AmVet fuck last night would have given you a chuckle. I patted him on the back and said "nice to meet you", so tries to give me the crazy eyes and a threatening look and says "don't touch me, I'm shell shocked from Vietnam!". So I says "don't threaten me, I'm a well trained, pissed off Army Ranger and I'm married". One of the VFW guys looks and him and says "lighten up Francis". He just slunk back down in his bar stool and hugged his beer mug for the rest of the night. HAHAHAHA

Hell, I wish I was with you last night. Two sons, both loco crazy, is enough for one night. :confused:

You would blown your head off with these two fuck sticks. :D

One, a former SEAL, the other, a Pot head. :confused:

Hell, I wish I was with you last night. Two sons, both loco crazy, is enough for one night. :confused:

You would blown your head off with these two fuck sticks. :D

One, a former SEAL, the other, a Pot head. :confused:

I told you to get the SEAL to square away the pothead, mission accomplished.

I have only met a few AmVets. Sadly.......... One was a Fleet Sailor, wearing cammi and a bush hat trying to recruit members. So I asked him about AmVets/ I gather that because I don't wear all the bobbles and bells of a Am Vet Nam Vet, he must have thought that I was some civie and he needed to play bad ass grunt.

We had a guy get kicked out of the gun shop, pretty much like the know it all posers than people run into.

Had another guy play SEAL Sniper, unfortunately for him, Bob was there (I think Mr. Troll met him) Sgt Maj, Retired 29 years in the Corps. Gun stores are magnets for those turds.

I just tell people, I was a Army Cook. I got out because I got tired of needing dough, sadly I still need dough. Maybe that is why, I avoid the mob.

The owner of my favorite 'gun' shop is a 2nd BN Ranger who made the jump called 'Urgent Fury' on the Island of Grenada. (Point Salines Airport.) This tends to keep the BS down.

We really need to pop into your favorite gun shop, Trip. Every time we think of it, we're either working or the shop is closed. :rolleyes:

LL

I don't need to stop by a gun shop to have the experiences you guys describe... I get them right here, from deuce and high school kids... I mean how often do we get airsofters telling us how innacurate our information about our weapons, or deuce breaking something... usually one of Headhsot's weapons....:):eek:

There are no military bases where I'm originally from. I swing by the local 3-guns, IDPAs, etc sometimes and like to stand by and listen to the LE/SWAT guys go on about what's needed or what it's like 'in a gun fight'. I just love to stand by silently with my couple of friends, and listen.

The best is the gear you see in non-military areas. The vertical fore grip on a gun with no laser or light. A device which was intended to be used on a gun with too much shit on it to hold onto- on a naked gun (which I still don't use because it promotes generally poor shooting, just move the laser back to the optic and use a C clamp grip). AK variants are popular because of 'knock down' power, also large caliber pistols.

Some local SWAT cool guys shot a three gun they ran with their MP5s. I asked one of the older looking dudes about it (thinking I would get the most mature answer), but then got talked down to about how "when you're in a 'gun fight' inside a house you need a small manueverable weapon." I never got around to telling him about my profession, and I probably looked a bit unbecoming as a mid 20 year old guy without a chest rig and cool patches- didn't know I was supposed to bring my team gear.

We get the same crap here. In fact, one of my favorite stores just hired a total idiot. I can't wait to hear the torrent of bad advice and BS war stories that are sure to vomit forth from his piehole.

It's not unusual for someone to strike up a gun conversation with me when I'm in uniform. It's sometimes apparent the guy knows nothing, but I just view that as an opportunity to educate them (if they're willing to listen). Occasionally, a vet or AD guy will stop to talk (we get a lot of military folks in my area, for various reasons).

Honestly, I never understood the holier-than-thou attitude some people take. What I do notice is that the elite are often remarkable for their humble nature. Quiet professionals, and all that.

Back