Silver Nitrate is Devil's Spit!

Brill

SOF Support
I've been "battling" a ganglion cyst on a toe and finally decided to get it looked at before "the trip".

I showed it to my doc and explained the discharge as he put some jelly stuff on it (thought it was alcohol) and then I noticed the scalpel came out. Uh...Doc?

Can you feel that? No. Ok, no worries then but you may feel some pressure though.

Doc cut a big hole in the toe and then says "Ok, you're not going to like me after this." He has a little q-tip thing of gray stuff. Whatever I says.

BS! Silver nitrate is pure hell on earth. }:-)

Caveat: toe feels awesome today.

Dayamn dude. Hope you had some industrial strength pain killers at home that night. Glad it's better today.

Yes it is nasty. Ive used it once before on myself, that was enough lol

Works pretty good though.

I've been "battling" a ganglion cyst on a toe and finally decided to get it looked at before "the trip".

I showed it to my doc and explained the discharge as he put some jelly stuff on it (thought it was alcohol) and then I noticed the scalpel came out. Uh...Doc?

Can you feel that? No. Ok, no worries then but you may feel some pressure though.

Doc cut a big hole in the toe and then says "Ok, you're not going to like me after this." He has a little q-tip thing of gray stuff. Whatever I says.

BS! Silver nitrate is pure hell on earth. }:-)

Caveat: toe feels awesome today.

Quit your bitchin you whiny support weenie.... :-" jeez... a little siver nitrate and you sound like a little girl... the doc should have used a soldering gun to cauterize the area...:ninja::p:ROFLMAO: and then put mercurachrome or merthiolate on it. Now that woulda stung a little. :thumbsup:

I have to say, it felt normal at work today (sitting in front of a computer). Thinking about a run tomorrow.

Any veterans of the "hot shot"? Benzoin tincture injected into a blister- that's a pretty good burn as well.

One of my room mates in Coronado got something like that. Went to see Doc for some blisters on his feet. Said they lanced the blister then injected something into it that made him nearly fall off the damn table because it burned so bad. Needless to say we called him all kinds of names for some time afterwards. :ROFLMAO:

I don't know what half this shit is you guys are talking about, but if I ever hear a Doctor mention any of them to me I'm punching his lights out and making a run for it.

Necropost like a boss.

Researching canker sore treatments one that's coming up lately is to apply silver nitrate to the sore. Thanks to this thread I think I'll pass.

Necropost like a boss.

Researching canker sore treatments one that's coming up lately is to apply silver nitrate to the sore. Thanks to this thread I think I'll pass.

Don't! It treats them immediately! Silver Nitrate is the best tx I have ever used. It hurts when you apply it, then there is instant relief, which is continuous.

Back