So What is Next?

It's nice to able to point at a region and say "Africa/Syria/Tattoonie" but at the end of the day there's no evidence *today* that these places *will* be the next place. All testicle gazing really.

It's nice to able to point at a region and say "Africa/Syria/Tattoonie" but at the end of the day there's no evidence *today* that these places *will* be the next place. All testicle gazing really.

No shit Sherlock? You going to tell us what colour the sky is too? :p

After Iraq & Afghanistan taper off, Syria & Lebanon, Somalia, Sudan then Iran. The only thing that will change this is in the case of a massive terrorist attack at some key event or international city- in which case only the order or sequence will change. Timetables would just be greatly accelerated.

If you sticky this thread, we can come back to this topic in 2 years to see the accuracy of our analysis.

Russia will fold on Syria, and it is going to cost us something strategically. Where Russia folds, China will follow. The danger is that we've already shown our hand and Russia knows how juicy and succulent Syria has become, and so their bargaining posture has been greatly enhanced by the gleam in Clinton's eye.

Too many possibilities:
Turkey drags us into Syria via Article V.
North Korea implodes, then explodes.
Piss-ant ops in Africa
U.K. vs Argentina

What do you consider help? Did the USA help last time?

The US helped last time with imagary and Sidewinders. Supposedly Weinberger offered an aircraft carrier but it 1. turned down 2. doubtful it would have been approved by Congress. It sounds like they offered a lot of hardware. But that's in the past and I do think that with Obama's recent wording about the Falklands being Argentinian and the budget crisis that if AR were to try for round two that little would be forthcoming from this Administration. That's only my opinion though, and we all know what that's worth :D

All I have to say, is that if we get another shindig going, I would like to request that it be in a country where air conditioning is prevalent, and the women aren't covered head to toe. Also, if we could also manage to find a country that does not keep their cattle in the living room, that would be fine by me as well.

Back