SOAR celebrates 30 years of Night Stalking

Swill

Intelligence
SOF Support
NSDQ!

http://www.soc.mil/UNS/Releases/2011/October/111021-02.html

FORT CAMPBELL, Ky. (USASOC News Service, Oct. 21, 2011) -Generations of Night Stalkers, Families and friends recently gathered to celebrate 30 years of Army special operations aviation.

On Oct. 16, 1981, the Department of Defense officially recognized a unit dedicated to providing helicopter support to the nation’s special operations forces. That small formation has evolved into today’s 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment.

TLDR20

Verified SOF
Hey Cback, it's better than yours, I still don't get why you guys are always trying to opress the liberated...?:D

I was talking about the title of this thread! Night stalking? lol it isn't good as a verb.

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
Our battalion in Korea was simply "Stalkers," with none of the panache of a SOF unit to go with it. :(

Swill

Intelligence
SOF Support
I was talking about the title of this thread! Night stalking? lol it isn't good as a verb.

You hear it around Regiment occasionally. Not common, but ingrained enough that I didn't even notice it in the title.

An example: a former Regiment Commander once had a captive audience of some senior ranking unit members and was tearing them a new asshole for... well, doesn't matter what for. :D

Near the end of his epicly painful tirade, he said (and I paraphrase) "Night Stalking has nothing to do with black helicopters. It's about leadership and accountability."