SOAR celebrates 30 years of Night Stalking

Swill

Intelligence
SOF Support
NSDQ!

http://www.soc.mil/UNS/Releases/2011/October/111021-02.html

FORT CAMPBELL, Ky. (USASOC News Service, Oct. 21, 2011) -Generations of Night Stalkers, Families and friends recently gathered to celebrate 30 years of Army special operations aviation.

On Oct. 16, 1981, the Department of Defense officially recognized a unit dedicated to providing helicopter support to the nation’s special operations forces. That small formation has evolved into today’s 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment.

Hey Cback, it's better than yours, I still don't get why you guys are always trying to opress the liberated...?:D

I was talking about the title of this thread! Night stalking? lol it isn't good as a verb.

Our battalion in Korea was simply "Stalkers," with none of the panache of a SOF unit to go with it. :(

I was talking about the title of this thread! Night stalking? lol it isn't good as a verb.

You hear it around Regiment occasionally. Not common, but ingrained enough that I didn't even notice it in the title.

An example: a former Regiment Commander once had a captive audience of some senior ranking unit members and was tearing them a new asshole for... well, doesn't matter what for. :D

Near the end of his epicly painful tirade, he said (and I paraphrase) "Night Stalking has nothing to do with black helicopters. It's about leadership and accountability."

Back