SOTA?

Does it accept 38 year old disenfranchised former Signal O's?

Dude, err, Dude Sir, I went to jump school at 40 so they'll take anyone! :D

What? Is this now an enlistment option?

Is Ranger omitted for those new SOT-A's who are obviously not going to be TL's or even ATL's? This is a VERY long pipeline and could take 3 years to complete in some cases.

Bill W said the SAME thing!

I don't believe it...I'm so damn estatic I feel like riverdancing... Ive been screaming for years and years..

OK, just got done skimming the .pdfs that another site member forwarded me. I am very pleased with this program. It is extraordinarily refreshing to see USASFC stepping up and finally investing in their enabler infrastructure. The fact that an assignment to Group is contingent upon first completing the pipeline is the way to go.

Now that "proof of concept" has been established, USASFC needs to go the rest of the way and apply a comparable (i.e. scaled down) version of this to ALL enablers.

Is there any way i can get more information about this new pipeline for SOT-A? I'm looking at reclassifying and am trying to see which schools I should be trying to get.

Is there any way i can get more information about this new pipeline for SOT-A? I'm looking at reclassifying and am trying to see which schools I should be trying to get.

The only ones that are available to non-SIGINTers is Ranger, SERE-C, and Airborne. Of course, Mountain Warfare, Pathfinder, and Air Assault would be helpful.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]What about females?

I, as a female, know my own boundaries when it comes to physical abilities. However, I also know that I can perform better than many people think and I wish to prove it to them. I also understand that many people have a certain stance on females in combat arms and SF is strictly for males, but is it possible for females to do anything similar to SOT-A? Anything? Even on the contractor side? Support?[/COLOR]

Word was that all SOT-A billets were V coded to ensure that males only held those jobs but now??? I've seen 35P females at Group but never heard of them deploying.

Then there's the physical aspect of SOT-As supporting SF in combat...none of our stuff is light and the SF soldiers carry even more shit.

I don't really care about the females in combat thing but I do question the WHY. I went to AF at 42-43 yrs old because I thought with my experience I could pass on some knowledge to my Team and could enable A, 1/3 in their goals/objectives. The comments from the ODA and continued relationships validate that going was the right choice for me.

I was asked to go back in 2014 but declined because I could do more to protect and enable the same unit from CONUS rather than out forward. For what it's worth, the sound of a female voice on the other end when I called up to the MC-12 during TICs was very comforting...and had lethal effects.

Just my 2 cents.

I've worked with two from the conventional side who performed similar mission/skill set to sot-a. I've been spoiled by my experiences; every female soldier I worked with from CST, conventional, FET, CA, MISO, etc was competent, physically fit, and mentally strong. Let competence be the watchword, and you'll be ok.

Back