Special Forces Soldier killed in Afghanistan - SFC Nunez

Ravage

running up that hill
http://news.soc.mil/releases/News Archive/2008/May/080531-01.html

FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, May 31, 2008) — An Army Special Forces Soldier was killed May 29 as a result of enemy rocket propelled grenade fire, while conducting a combat patrol in south-west Farah Province, Afghanistan.

Sgt. 1st Class David Nunez, 27, was fatally wounded when his Ground Mobility Vehicle was struck by enemy fire in the course of conducting a mounted combat reconnaissance patrol. He was a Special Forces Operational Detachment-Alpha team engineer sergeant assigned to Company B, 3rd Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) at Ft. Bragg, N.C.

Nunez is survived by his sons, David Jr., and Julian, of Raeford, N.C.; father, Julian Nunez, of Raeford, N.C.; and mother, Silvia Nunez, of Los Angeles, Calif.

NUNEZ.jpg

Sgt. 1st Class David Nunez, an Army Special Forces Soldier, was killed May 29 as a result of enemy rocket propelled grenade fire, while conducting a combat patrol in south-west Farah Province, Afghanistan.

RIP :(

Dave was part of the QRF that was moving to relieve a Marine convoy that got hit.

Dave was a good man, who was killed while moving forward, toward the enemy.

There are much worse ways to go.

I hate it when I find out about buddies lost on a website. I was in the Q course with this warrior.

RIP brother. We have the watch.

Back