Special Operations Jumpmaster Course

Ravage

running up that hill

This is a video of the last two students of the USASOC Jumpmaster course 01-11. They have worked a grueling 4 weeks to be a "Special Operations Jumpmaster". This is the final grade needed to graduate the course and be eligible for the coveted Jumpmasters Badge. They both received a GO.

As we were doing short; fast race tracks I identified the 1 minute check point. They did the rest; the 30 second check point & Stand Bye time warnings on St Mere DZ. The students do not put out jumpers because they are not actual jumpmasters yet. I edited the video down for time; it's usually 35 minutes from takeoff to touchdown.

With me are Soldiers from United States Army Special Operations Command performing a Jumpmaster training over St Mere Eglise Drop Zone. USASOC is home to the elite fighting forces who conduct operations across the full spectrum of warfare, including unconventional warfare, counter-proliferation, direct action, psychological operations, special reconnaissance, civil affairs, foreign internal defense and information operations.

Filmed by JM Gator | Unit: USASOC | Location: St Mere Eglise Drop Zone; Fort Bragg, North Carolina | Aircraft: CASA 212 | Parachute: None | Camera: GoPro Helmet HERO Widep/quote]

That seems way different than the JM course I went through in 99 at Benning. I distinctly remember having to put three jumpers out the door for my actions in the AC portion and knowing when we were "1 min" out was part of the evaluation. The instructor did not tell us when we got there. I believe I exited the AC after the third jumper as well.

Maybe he means Sr or Master Wings?

I thought about that, but then that means the author is an idiot.

I went to Benning in Oct. '98. We were to be paired up and put our partner out and then jump ourselves for a total of two jumps in the course.

Signed,
JMPI Casualty

I thought about that, but then that means the author is an idiot.

I went to Benning in Oct. '98. We were to be paired up and put our partner out and then jump ourselves for a total of two jumps in the course.

Signed,
JMPI Casualty

Maybe I was paired up with a partner like you said instead of putting out three jumpers. Either way, I put someone out and then I jumped. I also did not have that gay-ass net in the door.

Maybe I was paired up with a partner like you said instead of putting out three jumpers. Either way, I put someone out and then I jumped. I also did not have that gay-ass net in the door.

I'd done the duffel bag drag by then, but the guys from my unit said they jumped as briefed earlier in the course. If yours was different maybe the class size or something changed the dynamic.

It could have been different.....many moons ago.

The class was all Batt Boys and a few straphangers. Our honor grad was actually only a Cpl.

I'm sure we had some Rangers, but all I recall were a couple of PJ's from Oregon, some JCU guys, quite of few us Guard SF BN types, and a bunch of joint folks like Marines and JCSE.

I only mention this just to show the disparity in the students from class to class. I wouldn't be surprised if the 75th had something worked out to send a bunch of guys at once to plan around your cycles.

Jumpmasters have a badge now?

And a 4-week JM course?

WTF?
Wonder if they added skills to lengthen the course.
As a JM I have chucked akio's full of MRE's, Leaflet bundles and other shit not covered in the JM course. Hell DZSO(?) was a one week course with the Division, so expanding to 4 weeks is possible. I could also see the CASA as a 130 substitute for fuel economy (seems liike he is just doing "Actions in the Aircraft" stuff, so a parachute is necessary (initially).

I really hope the YouTube poster is clueless, and this isn't an actual graduation event.

From what I hear, it's 4 weeks because you cover some extra stuff you don't cover in Benning or 82nd....
ie Some Pathfinder stuff (VIRS, GMRS, Bundles maybe.....other then CARP exits) like SOWT is talking about.

82nd and Benning is still 3 weeks even though they jam another parachute down yer throat now with the T11/MC6 crap...:wall:

You guys are right, you would have put people out during PWAC...and then you jumped as well....not quite sure whey they weren't here...
And you also had to know where 1 min / 30 secs were....
St Mere is easy day, drug dealer landing strip 1 min, swamp 30 sec....dirt colored powdery stuff...standby....
To me it looked like they were putting the invisible jumpers out late, probably had a few invisible tree landings....:blkeye:
Those guys seems like tools and like they were even a little scared up there (not instructors but students)

The Net on the CASA is hit or miss depending on what day and what safety message is out.
I am assuming the school house would be right and up to speed on the latest regs

With that being said, it seems if a reserve popped...... that net might rape your face!

Honestly, I think this is a recruiting tool........:thumbsup:

Back