Stay classy Chris Christie...or...Happy 4th of July New Jersey, stay off the beach!

This is some faux outrage. His house is right there, if anyone has beef, they should make some change and buy a lot next to his so they can do the same.

Its one thing to argue that fake news is fake but Christie owns this BS when he defends his actions with statements like "I'm sorry, but they are not the governor." I'm a conservative but I can't defend this type of faux leadership, regardless of party.

Your apathy is exactly what allows this type of behavior to continue. "It's too hard to try, so I guess I'll just look the other way while making excuses, and mock those who bring it up." Seems like I remember a member on this site who applied that same technique to a certain tab-awarding Army school. Can't for the life of me remember who it was, or what the school was though.

There's a lot of figurative hills to die on and spend your time. A lot of these political ones are not worth my time investment, may be it's worth yours, I'm not you. So it's a values proposition and the majority of the figurative hills to die on for me right now involve the governance of a major non-profit in which I'm a member.

Now, is it a bad look, yes, it is. I'm just not going to get mad about another politician being a schmuck because we're past that.

Last edited:
There's a lot of figurative hills to die on and spend your time. A lot of these political ones are not worth my time investment, may be it's worth yours, I'm not you. So it's a values proposition and the majority of the figurative hills to die on for me right now involve the governance of a major non-profit in which I'm a member.

Now, is it a bad look, yes, it is. I'm just not going to get mad about another politician being a schmuck because we're past that.

Fair enough.

If he closed public beaches but not private beaches then he has every right to be there. With that said it exhibits exceptionally poor leadership to go at all, private beach or not. He amps it up about 4000% with the "governor" line. The guy's a tool.

As I am reading this I'm watching my kids play in a kiddie pool with their grandfather.

We're about 5-10 miles from the beach in DE/NJ area. The beaches suck here, the water is cold, and traffic is the worst since anyone can remember.

Christie did those people a favor.

If he closed public beaches but not private beaches then he has every right to be there. With that said it exhibits exceptionally poor leadership to go at all, private beach or not. He amps it up about 4000% with the "governor" line. The guy's a tool.

He was on a closed beach. The headline writers were trying to be witty by referring to it as his 'private' beach.
Chris Christie: Cameras catch NJ gov lounging on closed beach during budget impasse

My favorite part of the press conference that followed:
“Yes, the governor was on the beach briefly today talking to his wife and family before heading into the office,” the spokesman, Brian Murray, told NJ.com. “He did not get any sun. He had a baseball hat on.”

Can you clarify what you mean here? Doesn't calling out shitbag politicians= not giving them a job=important issues?

In short, no - as in no-thanks..

The long:
Simply calling out politicians is only the appearance of doing something. They all do it to eachother IOT please their constituates. There's probably a few idealists in the political arena but they're likely new-joins who will be corrupted by the game.

Politicians are bullshit, calling out one is like pointing out a shit speckle in a toilet bowl.

They'll almost always have a job until voters learn to follow common sense over the emotional issues woven into the agendas peddled by their partisan preferences.

More importantly (and to the economy) - a free lunch doesn't exist. Neither should getting Healthcare AFTER you get sick. It's astonishing how many similar concepts, relief acts, and tax deferment fund a lack of accountability which extends far beyond healthcare.

Lastly, I'm tired of this overall massive sense of obligation that creates the policies like the above stated, or things that reduce our country's image of stability and swaps it with a picture of guilt, uncertainty, and skiddishness.

In short, no - as in no-thanks..

The long:
Simply calling out politicians is only the appearance of doing something. They all do it to eachother IOT please their constituates. There's probably a few idealists in the political arena but they're likely new-joins who will be corrupted by the game.

Politicians are bullshit, calling out one is like pointing out a shit speckle in a toilet bowl.

They'll almost always have a job until voters learn to follow common sense over the emotional issues woven into the agendas peddled by their partisan preferences.

More importantly (and to the economy) - a free lunch doesn't exist. Neither should getting Healthcare AFTER you get sick. It's astonishing how many similar concepts, relief acts, and tax deferment fund a lack of accountability which extends far beyond healthcare.

Lastly, I'm tired of this overall massive sense of obligation that creates the policies like the above stated, or things that reduce our country's image of stability and swaps it with a picture of guilt, uncertainty, and skiddishness.

Fair enough. I guess I misinterpreted your original comments a bit.

Back