STO Career Cycle

Scotch_Wizard

Unverified
Good afternoon,
I am a prior service Army cat looking into AFROTC and wanting to take a shot at a STO slot. A main concern of mine is choosing the officer side vs. enlisted. What is the typical time on a team for an officer and what is the process like for tying out for 724th STG (Admin Edit)? I understand that you have to get through the pipeline before thinking about the next move but I want as much info regarding this before I make a decision.

-Nothing wrong with a PACE plan ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
like for tying out for 724th STG (Admin Edit)?

The 724 STG (Admin Edit) won't be discussed. You'll sort that out over your career. We don't discuss SMU's on the forum.

I'm not going to lock this for now, other parts of your questions may be addressed by those who know about such things.

Last edited by a moderator:
As with any SOF Team, officers are going to have limited time doing the job the enlisted are there for. The USAF BA community as a whole is undergoing a lot of changes right now, so things are in flux. You play the game and you take your chances.

To reiterate on SMUs, not only will they not be discussed, but get your headspace right. You haven't even become a commissioned USAF officer yet, so that question is akin to a HS football player asking about travel arrangements for starting Pro Bowlers.

Well said from my counterparts.

To address your 5m targets, I would start with a Special Operations Liaison (SORL) in your area and some resources that have vetted information from the service branch, in this case the AF.

From there, I would suggest making contact with actual STO's, because they have the most up to date information.

Any further questions about the application process or the like, ask when you have exhausted yourself looking for the answer.

Back