Stormin Norman passed away at 78.

“Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without strategy.”

Goodbye, General.

Man I get these articles sent to me on Facebook and read them, and think they just happened. I'm going to have to start paying attention to the dates.

My apologies,

I saw that it was trending on FB this morning, which confused me since I remember when he first shuffled off. His memory is well worth the honor and respect due the warrior dead, but I can't help but wonder how many people missed the news when it first happened. Or, perhaps, it's another case of collective amnesia in the digital age.

I saw that it was trending on FB this morning, which confused me since I remember when he first shuffled off. His memory is well worth the honor and respect due the warrior dead, but I can't help but wonder how many people missed the news when it first happened. Or, perhaps, it's another case of collective amnesia in the digital age.

Yeah I missed it, although right around the time frame I was retiring, buying a house and trying to keep a business afloat.

That's happened to me a couple of times, mainly with musicians that I really liked and didn't know had died right around the time I was ETS'ing and dealing with those issues. So yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about.

No worries, DB 2/2 - I had no idea he'd died, either. :wall:

(In Groucho voice) People who say I'm informed better get a clue.:D

One of my sons got caught by the same Facebook article this morning. But it's a good thing to remember Stormin Normin. I met him briefly at MacDill AFB years ago and got him to autograph his book for me...

ZKOFF.jpg

He spelled my name with two L's instead of one. And it suddenly dawned on me that maybe I'd been spelling it wrong all my life. ;-)

Back