STS Structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scheff72

Unverified
I just posted my intro, so hopefully this isn't too soon to ask a question. I've been reading Gene Adcock's, CCT: Eye of the Storm. It's a very compelling and interesting read. One of the things I find myself questioning though is when they mention individuals assigned to certain teams within the STS (Red Team, Blue Team, etc.) I'm confused as to the operational structure of a team. Is there a difference in roles between the colored teams? I've scoured the internet for this answer but can't seem to find it. I've learned the structure of the Special Tactics TACP Squadron, the 17th STS I believe, but nothing in regards to Combat Control Teams. If I'm out of my lane here, please forgive me. No ill intentions. It would just help me understand the content I'm reading.

Thanks again.

Generally speaking, those types of operational specifics are not publicly released. That said, I’m not a CCT so I’ll lwave the follow up to our members who are.

Team=Flight.
Just like flying squadrons have different colors, teams are identified by a color. Red, Blue, Silver.
It's (or was) an administrative tool.

Ok, and as far as administrationally, are the teams categorized by role or profession?

We're not going to get into the specifics of how teams at STSs are broken down. There are personnel from multiple AFSCs on each team, let's leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back