TACP and my current contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-man Stan

Unverified
Hello, first of all, thank you to anyone who responds to this with any advice be it positive or negative. It means a lot. I am currently scheduled to leave for basic in 5 days under a mechanical aptitude contract. I took the PAST test for TACP on the 4th and passed everything but the sit ups ( got 50, was docked 5 for form, needed 48). I failed and will make no excuses. I also acknowledge that I need to greatly exceed minimums to pass indoc alone (I promise I'll get to the question soon thank you for bearing with me).

When I first walked into the recruiters office I told him I wanted to do TACP but that I needed time to train because I hadn't even exercised in over a year. He informed me that I should go to meps to get that out of the way since it takes 6-9 months to get a contract anyways and that would be plenty of time to train. I agreed and 6 days after meps he told me to sign the mechanical aptitude contract that I have now. I told him I needed more time to train but he insisted that I sign the contract or I would be discharged from the DEP.

I'm fully dedicated to joining the air force but I leave in 5 days and would like to not have to wait years to cross train if I can help it. Is my recruiter lying to me? If I call his bluff could I get barred for life like he has threatened? Any insight or help with my situation would be greatly appreciated. If I've stepped on any toes feel free to rip me a new one as well. Thank you all.

Please follow instructions - post an intro in the proper place - the Introduction thread, and request a name shange immediately. Had you read the New members Begin here thread, you would have posted an intro and not chosen the name you did. Unless, of course, you are just flaunting the rules.

This thread closed until you comply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back