Taliban ROE Book "Captured"

JBS

Leatherneck
Verified Military
Interesting little development...

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/07/30/taliban.code.conduct/index.html

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- A new Taliban military "code of conduct" calls for restrictions on suicide attacks aimed at avoiding the killing of civilians, but U.S. and Afghan military officials dismissed the document as propaganda, calling it hypocritical.

The booklet, obtained by CNN in northwestern Pakistan, has emerged during a crucial moment in the fight between troops and militants in Afghanistan, where battles are raging in the country's Helmand province and troops work to establish stability for the upcoming presidential elections.

"Suicide attacks should be at high value and important targets because a brave son of Islam should not be used for low value and useless targets," the code of conduct said. "In suicide attacks the killing of innocent people and damage to their property should be minimized."
It also says "all mujahideen must do their best to avoid civilian deaths and injuries and damage to civilian property." And it says that mujahideen "should refrain" from disfiguring of people, such as the severing of ears, nose and lips.

I "can't wait" to get my copy. Any day now......}:-)

I guess I'll just have to put a young boy on a string and pull him through a village. That should bring em a runnin.

"a brave son of Islam should not be used for low value and useless targets"

And this is why they're using women and children I guess.

You know, most of the fights I was in over there the Taliban waited for the women and kids to evacuate before they launched their attacks. I will give them credit for that.

Propaganda. Who was it "accquired" by? The Fox News of the Arab world. Hmm...weird.

You know, most of the fights I was in over there the Taliban waited for the women and kids to evacuate before they launched their attacks. I will give them credit for that.

Ananconda was cleared of civvies by the Taliban.
Payment by a journo, could be why CNN got it & not others. It has happened.
I'd wait and see if it's IW.

Back