The "CrossFit Culture" is a bunch of DORKS!!!

Disagree on Crossfit becoming more like powerlifting. The games this year had events specifically for swimming, sprinting, rucking, and a max clean and then the typical CF type WODs. Try getting a powerlifter to run a mile, Ill see you in an hour.

They are moving to legitimately testing all kinds of different modalities, and while I still think they are a bunch of dorks, its quite a bit more balanced across the physical spectrum.

Eh...the swimming is a bit of a joke. 1000m? That's not much for a swimmer, heck it's not even half of my current triathlon workouts. My point is that it will lose its place in the consciousness of society as a commercial sport. Case in point, in previous years this thread would talk about the Open Workouts. There was no talk this year.

So I guess the games happened, had no idea. Have to say I think Crossfit as an athletics based competition is probably going to be non-existent very soon even though individual athletes seem to be doing ok on the sponsorship front.

Back