The "Fake Racism" Thread

Don't know where to comment so, I'll say it here. Supreme Court just overturned 40 years of college affirmation action in regards to race while applying for college on a 6/3 vote. About time.

One of the cases was at UNC Chapel Hill, where I worked, and the town in which I grew up (well, a few minutes north). It was the not so secret secret. UNC would admit a non-caucasian with a 900 SAT over a Caucasian with a 1400 SAT. Everyone knew it, it was just accepted.

They also have a "ratio" admitting standard in North Carolina, every county would be given a ratio of acceptances. Because the county in which I grew up also had UNC, and because the UNC faculty largely lived in this county and most of kids of UNC faculty wanted to go to UNC, this county was the hardest county in admitting to UNC. Statistically we had a better chance of getting in Harvard than UNC. I bet that's next up for litigation, but at the state level.

They shouldn't be. Racism is racism, whether it's by a private college or a government institution.

Congress/the Supreme Court should also look into the baked-in discrimination against men at the academies.

No argument here, I thought it was interesting they were singled out as being exempt.

I could get real cynical and go down a rabbit hole or 2, but whatever.

I read the law on California’s ,gov site.

Apparently there was already a “feather alert” for indigenous people.

…but if America is so unredeenably racist, won’t an Ebony system set up in the manner destined simply mean that all of America’s racists will just ignore it?

What happened to equal rights?

This is just more useless virtue signaling.

Last edited:
but if America is so unredeenably racist, won’t an Ebony system set up in the manner destined simply mean that all of America’s racists will just ignore
Great point. Actually makes it easier for a racist to differentiate. So If the alert is not ones preferred alert, they can just ignore it.

Yeah, that's pretty messed up.

Not sure about you guys but to me a missing kid is a missing kid. I can comfortably say that race never enters the equation.

Yep, agree...Amber in Texas is for ALL kids at risk. We do have a silver alert for old people who are missing, which I personally find offensive due to my grey hair...I don't have any mental issues.....WOULD SOMEONE ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE!!!!....sorry, always hear ringing in my ears.

Back