The Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
The search button is your friend, start looking there.

Self Guidance, self discipline and self reliance are key items in the SOF toolbox... don't be that guy that asks others to do his work/research... None of the answers you are looking for are intentionally hidden, but they may be covered by dirt, dust and detrius...

That said, good luck and welcome.

Thanks for the tips! As far as self guidance, I have no doubt I am capable of driving my self. I am just worried I might set my self up for failure if I don't have proper guidance from some one whos been there and done it. Any body can lead themselves to get lost, but its that individual who knows what hes doing to lead me back on the right path. ( I guess thats where you guys come in) Thanks again

... [1] I am just worried I might set my self up for failure if I don't have proper guidance from some one whos been there and done it. [2]Any body can lead themselves to get lost, but its that individual who knows what hes doing to lead me back on the right path. ( I guess thats where you guys come in) Thanks again

[1]... Failure only hurts if you learn nothing and make that same mistake repeatedly. Guidance from others may be as subtle as a nudge in the right direction or as blatant as a brick to the head... be prepared for either - and never forget, somebody else telling you you failed (especially in training) could be nothing more than a mind f*ck, or a hip check to get you back into the chase.
[2] self doubt and second guessing will get you and/or your buddies failed or killed... make a decision, assess your progress, correct as needed.

Get the standards for your selection, get the packing list - have everything on the packing list and be above standard (mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, and drive) you will need to go well beyond those minimums - but don't over think, don't over G2, don't over prepare... be ready, be flexible and don't quit.

When many of us went through our selection phases there was no internet, minimal G2 ... you got a packing list and standards - you were ready or you weren't, you were meant to be there or you weren't...

In the immortal words of Yoda, "Do or not do, there is no try."

[1]... Failure only hurts if you learn nothing and make that same mistake repeatedly. Guidance from others may be as subtle as a nudge in the right direction or as blatant as a brick to the head... be prepared for either - and never forget, somebody else telling you you failed (especially in training) could be nothing more than a mind f*ck, or a hip check to get you back into the chase.
[2] self doubt and second guessing will get you and/or your buddies failed or killed... make a decision, assess your progress, correct as needed.

Get the standards for your selection, get the packing list - have everything on the packing list and be above standard (mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, and drive) you will need to go well beyond those minimums - but don't over think, don't over G2, don't over prepare... be ready, be flexible and don't quit.

When many of us went through our selection phases there was no internet, minimal G2 ... you got a packing list and standards - you were ready or you weren't, you were meant to be there or you weren't...

In the immortal words of Yoda, "Do or not do, there is no try."

THANKS, by far that was probably one of the best peices of advice I have ever gotten. I am copying this and printing this out and making sure to read this every day! plz feel free to pass info to me any time. I will continue to seek out more myself. Thank you again!

Welcome to the forum. There is an A&S preparation thread, you might want to check it out.

Welcome aboard. I am assuming that you're with 1st LAR. I did some work with 2nd and 4th not too long ago. I was pleasantly surprised with the LAR crew and their flexibility as a whole.

Semper Fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back