The Live Music Thread

Metallica tonight.

Not often I go to a concert actually happy that most of the songs will be off the new album!

648D9E3B-A4D4-4649-AA5B-18AF76C4DC18.jpeg

@Ooh-Rah, have you seen Hairball? Saw them the other night at the 'Fair. Friggin' hilarious...and awesome. If you haven't seen them already, check them out. It's a great time!

Sadly....my favorite band has jumped the shark.

I knew I should have stopped after they opened US Bank Stadium last year....60k plus people losing their ever loving mind....previews of new songs, crazy energy, and the only US Show for 2017. That would have put me at a clean dozen shows I've seen them.

I should have stopped at a dozen.

This time around no opening bands; instead comedian Jim Brewer did a couple hours of Metallica impressions ... ugh. I'm sure Brewer came cheaper than carrying two or three extra bands on the tour.

They played the new stuff, which is cool. That's why I went....they played the obligatory old stuff (Master, One, For whom the Bell tolls) and they even played No Leaf Clover....which was cool since they have not played that live since 2011, but they also did this very awkward Prince bit where Kirk and Robert did a metal version of When Doves Fly....it was terrible.

This is the new James, the rehabbed James. He does not swear, he talks to the audience in this soothing voice about the Metallica family, he turned the lights on so he could see the youngest fans. This is Grandpa James, I'm sure Robert will get a talking to for dropping the F-Bomb once.

We've come a long way from the days of Alcoholica, that's for damn sure; and that's fine. They guys are in their 50's, but throughout the whole show I kept thinking about Rocky III. When he was in corporate mode, and Clubber Lang came and cleaned his clock. For the future of metal, I guess we could be so lucky, LOL.

Seeing Steve ‘n’ Seagulls tonight! Cannot wait.
a Finnish country band, playing bluegrass versions of well-known hard rock and metal songs.

Dave Grohl is still the coolest fucking rockstar out there....and this kid just lived his dream....(and crushes a solo around 3:30, with Dave in the background jammin' out to him)

The best live show I ever saw.... at the "New Bluebird Café" (owned operated and loved by Robert Ealy) in Fort Worth TX, a long time ago, in a universe far far away.... Blues.... It was Ealy, the original Fabulous Thunderbirds, The original Juke Jumpers, Edgar and Johnny Winter, Steve Miller, and this new band from Austin featuring Jimmy Vaughn's little brother, Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Ttrouble. $3 cover and $2 beers, the place only held 200 people. Five and a half hours of kick ass blues, with most of the best blues guitarists on stage at one time.

...This is the new James, the rehabbed James. He does not swear, he talks to the audience in this soothing voice about the Metallica family, he turned the lights on so he could see the youngest fans. This is Grandpa James, I'm sure Robert will get a talking to for dropping the F-Bomb once...

He raises bees in his free time, and lives in Vail so he can hunt and drink coors looking at the mountains. James definitely calmed down. That said, I'd probably take Grandpa James over born-again Mustaine.

Bringing this thread back because I lost my virginity last night... I'd never been to an Iron Maiden concert. It was friggin' awesome! Just good, old-school, piss and vinegar metal 🤘:
20190826_210246.jpg

Attachments

• 20190826_213551.jpg
    20190826_213551.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20190826_220235.jpg
    20190826_220235.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 20190826_222139.jpg
    20190826_222139.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
  • 20190826_222949.jpg
    20190826_222949.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
  • 20190826_224657.jpg
    20190826_224657.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
Bringing this thread back because I lost my virginity last night... I'd never been to an Iron Maiden concert. It was friggin' awesome! Just good, old-school, piss and vinegar metal 🤘:
View attachment 29148
I got to go see them during their Book of Souls tour with Ghost BC or whatever it is. Somebody told me in line that Bruce always wants the temperature inside to be warm so it's easier for him to get up in his range but I figured that was just a rumor. As soon as we got in to the stadium it was pretty hot, and to top it off, Bruce wore a sweater for the entire show.Screenshot_20200827-012304.pngScreenshot_20200827-011842.png

Back