The Navy SEALs Break Their Silence

That is a fact. They asked actual PJ's to be in it, because there are no hollywood actors good looking enough. Bradley Cooper was supposed to play me, but, unfortunately, he's way too small.
I miss hearing factoids like that every day. Just going to share the best reason a Jay couldn't go to the gym one day - He told me he lifted all of the weights the day before, and he was still waiting for them to come back down. "It's about gravity... That's science."

I miss hearing factoids like that every day. Just going to share the best reason a Jay couldn't go to the gym one day - He told me he lifted all of the weights the day before, and he was still waiting for them to come back down. "It's about gravity... That's science."

That sounds like AT if I ever heard it.

Do you even science bro? And you can just say "J", only the old guys will give you shit. 8-)

American Sniper was a very poor read. I know Chriss Kyle is an American Hero but as an author, he employed not one but TWO additional authors, and still the book is simply poor. Like it was written by a 12 - year old.
I'm very looking foreward to reading McChrystals memoir.

I got it after he's killed because I wanted to support him in some way. Was it the best written book? No, but I really enjoyed it. It felt like Chris Kyle was talking to you and sharing his story with you.

As a female HM, I only heard stories of the SEALS while on active duty. They were the quiet elite that could not talk about their missions, certainly not in the media! What the hell went wrong?!
While I selfishly read the books and watch the movies, the military woman in my head is saying, "This is terribly wrong".
If the SOC is restricted to sharing information, we're going to miss out on some great stories. I'd rather miss out vs. have our safety be compromised.
On that note, I could stand for CNN and other new media NOT sharing so much information on our military. I would love that to stop! War isn't supposed to be televised!

Resurrected a bit.. missed it first round..

Seems at the first part of the op is conflating SEALs with "SEAL team six" as if they are similar in any way. Just confusing to me.

Never heard of SEALs of the vanilla variety being quiet professionals. Especially in between PT sessions.

As a female HM, I only heard stories of the SEALS while on active duty. They were the quiet elite that could not talk about their missions, certainly not in the media! What the hell went wrong?!
While I selfishly read the books and watch the movies, the military woman in my head is saying, "This is terribly wrong".
If the SOC is restricted to sharing information, we're going to miss out on some great stories. I'd rather miss out vs. have our safety be compromised.
On that note, I could stand for CNN and other new media NOT sharing so much information on our military. I would love that to stop! War isn't supposed to be televised!

The media has been bringing us the war, and the commentators thoughts about the war, ala Walter Cronkite, since Viet Nam. It seems that is it the right of the media to cover the conflicts, and shape how it is presented; to get you on the same page as the media. If you expect the media to back off, it will only happen when it fits the media's needs to do so. Reporting, and jounalism is dead. We live in a world guided by media spin. What exactly went wrong, I really don't know. All I do know, is that it is all wrong, so very wrong.

Rant over. Back to my wee cave in The Valley.

Back