The Norwegian Jeger`s

Operator

Unverified
Found a couple of interesting vids of what was the predecessor to my own unit.

This documentary presents the Norwegian Jager(hunter, directly translated) unit back in the day. Documentary was made around the beginning of the 90`s.

Audible in english.

Part 1
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnJQtXtaOGk&feature=related[/ame]

Part 2
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOAt-aNtFEw&feature=related[/ame]

Part 3
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2dr-GQcsUU&feature=related[/ame]

Met one in the Lebanon a few years ago, while competing in an Inter contingent Infantry Run.. In the Norwegian Mess. their was one on their team and an serving ARW member on ours;)

I remember my ex having nothing but good things to say about them after some winter warfare exercises.

So, if I understood the attrition rates correctly, there are 40 Jagers chosen (+/-) out of a 29,000 man force (90% attrition from a 400 man pre-selection)?

If my jarhead math is right, that is absolutely extraordinary!

Today we have an average of 300 applications each year. It`s a requirement to have finished your year as a conscript.

Around 200 make it pass the initial physical, medical, exams.

Around 50-100 people is left after the first week.

After 1 month, theres an average of 10-20 people left, who are allowed to start the trainee year as a special forces candidate.

Most of the guys that start the trainee year, finish it. Theres an average of 2 candidates dropping out during that first year.

Today we have an average of 300 applications each year. It`s a requirement to have finished your year as a conscript.

Around 200 make it pass the initial physical, medical, exams.

Around 50-100 people is left after the first week.

After 1 month, theres an average of 10-20 people left, who are allowed to start the trainee year as a special forces candidate.

Most of the guys that start the trainee year, finish it. Theres an average of 2 candidates dropping out during that first year.

Do you have a break down of the selection course?

I'm interested to know what the focus of the selection is, e.g. US SF & SAS focus on ruck marching/navigation, SEALs use running, water calisthenics etc... different training focuses.

The breakdown of the SC, basically starts off with the medical, psychological, and physiological test, continuing with an initial hell week, separating those who absolutely doesn`t have a chance, from those who might have a chance.

I guess the first week mainly focuses on running, running, running, no sleep, close to no food, obstacle courses, carrying zodiacs and other heavy shit etc etc.

After that it calms down a bit. Bergans on, marching, navigating, conducting small operations, and a small s.e.r.e excersize, where you end up getting captured, of course.

You`ll only get the details if you try the SC yourself =)

I`ll be posting a more detailed post about the unit and how it looks today later with some pics

The breakdown of the SC, basically starts off with the medical, psychological, and physiological test, continuing with an initial hell week, separating those who absolutely doesn`t have a chance, from those who might have a chance.

I guess the first week mainly focuses on running, running, running, no sleep, close to no food, obstacle courses, carrying zodiacs and other heavy shit etc etc.

After that it calms down a bit. Bergans on, marching, navigating, conducting small operations, and a small s.e.r.e excersize, where you end up getting captured, of course.

You`ll only get the details if you try the SC yourself =)

I`ll be posting a more detailed post about the unit and how it looks today later with some pics

Haha no problem, thats all I was after just a general break down, thanks.

Back