The special operators youve never heard of.

Just you just describe, in your own special way, what an enabler is?

You could say Rangers and SEALs are enablers too, because they would take 4-5 rangers and 4-5 seals and attach them to a team of 2-3 PJ's to sit on the CSAR bird as a security element.

When we get down to it, I don't think there is any SOF element that has not played the role of 'enabler' at some point.

I can only attest to the Ranger mentality, but basically if you weren't on one of the 3 line squads (primary, secondary, and blackside), you were considered support/enabler

You will never see headlines that say :
"24th STS assaults objective in Baghdad and kills the senior AQ facilitator"
"PJs from the 21st STS raid a weapons factory in Kabul and recover massive weapons cache"

That is why they will never have the recognition that other SOF units get simply because... they are not a unit. They are a collection of awesome special operators who contribute immensly to the fight by attaching themselves to SOF units. CCTs will play the deciding factor in the outcomes of battles throughout Iraq/Afghanistan (esp Afghanistan) as we have seen since 9/11. And the individuals will defintely get recognized (it's evident in the countless valor awards given to CCTs/PJs). But the 21st, or 23rd, or 24th STS will NEVER be recognized in the way that the other SOF units will.
Kind of like Navy EOD?

PJs conducted search and recovery of a F-117A pilot that bailed out in Serbia in late 90's.
Think the biggest CCT op was the Haiti relief operation. When they went in and started directing air traffic when the islands only airfield controll tower went down.
Panama may have been bigger (numbers wise).

With all the talk of draw downs and who is gonna do what job, (SEALs doing FID, Rangers not being deployed as often etc). What role are the CCTs gonna play? Would they still deploy with a ODA that was doing FID and didn't need close air support?

With all the talk of draw downs and who is gonna do what job, (SEALs doing FID, Rangers not being deployed as often etc). What role are the CCTs gonna play? Would they still deploy with a ODA that was doing FID and didn't need close air support?
No, but JTAC is just one mission. ST could do a stand-alone FID (Airfireld Ops for ex), or train in another primary mission.
The drawdown may or may not see a decrease in missions.
There were a lot of Theater Requests that were on the "pending" list because everyone was running off to the CentCom AO. Non-CentCom FID and other missions can move up the ladder once the CentCom Ops cycle stops grabbing every asset.

No, but JTAC is just one mission. ST could do a stand-alone FID (Airfireld Ops for ex), or train in another primary mission.
The drawdown may or may not see a decrease in missions.
There were a lot of Theater Requests that were on the "pending" list because everyone was running off to the CentCom AO. Non-CentCom FID and other missions can move up the ladder once the CentCom Ops cycle stops grabbing every asset.
Thanks for the response SOWT. I am looking into getting a CCT contract and was wondering what kind of jobs I would be doing.

idk y they dont have multiple locations like sf national guard

coriolis effect, I'm one of the admins on this site. If you want to remain a member here, you will do the following:

1) You need to review the site rules, especially with regard to intro threads, and there is a thread or two about professionalism that you might want to check out.
2) Your profile says you're 14. If that's true, then you probably don't need to be jumping into conversations with the grownups when you have no idea what you're talking about.
3) Don't make posts on this site like you're texting your buddies about what happened on Jersey Shore last night. "OMG!!! Did u c wut Snook and jwoww did las nite?" :thumbsdown: This is a site of and for professionals, act professionally or pick up your toys and go play somewhere else.
4) Start an appropriate intro thread and clean up the way you post before you do anything else, including responding to this post. Failure to do so will result in an immediate and permanent ban.

Ever consider the Air National Guard?

This question wasn't directed at me but to add some info to the topic...I talked to a Air NG recruiter a few months ago, when I was looking into Army Reserve vs AF, and was told that I was DQ'd due to having tatt's on more than 50% of my arm.

She also told me that they are tired of "all the dumb ass Army guys trying to cross into the blue" :D...might of made that part up.

Back