The Warrior Diet

Has anyone in here ever done the warrior diet? I feel somewhat weary about it so I was wondering if it has worked or failed for anyone before I try it and waste my time. Im just curious if its something better than what I am doing now. I am currently eating 5 meals a day, in which all have high protein.

Try the Paleo diet. No processed foods. No sugar, no salt, no grains or legumes. Meat, leaves and berries. Only good carbs. Gives me so much more energy.

Been on it for about a year now steady. Team mates think I am crazy but I feel great. Eating (cooked foods) only once a day takes some getting used to but once your body gets used to it eating any other time will feel odd.

It is not a crash diet or something to do until you lose the desired amount of weight/body fat. It is a fundamental change in the way you look at eating/providing your body with what it needs to function.

That said, some people like it/love it and others hate it. I love it but YOMV.

Crip

Try the Paleo diet. No processed foods. No sugar, no salt, no grains or legumes. Meat, leaves and berries. Only good carbs. Gives me so much more energy.

I did some reading on the caveman/paleo diet. The theory behind it seems sound...We all come from cavemen and cavemen ate meat and didn't cook their veggies so our bodies aren't designed to digest foods that have to be cooked to be consumed. The problem with this approach is the limiting nature of the diet. Variety in foods is one of the things that has gone a long way toward extending lifespan. If you believe the whole descended from Cromagnon thing then this diet falls apart when you consider the fact that the only goal during that time was to live long enough to reproduce and "old age" was living into your thirties (cholesterol and atherosclerosis aren't much of a concern when being gored to death by a mammoth in your twenties is more likely) That being said, this diet isn't without merit. The strict avoidance of processed foods is always a good idea and seems to be a consistent theme to most current dietary modification (not dieting).

I did some reading on the caveman/paleo diet. The theory behind it seems sound...We all come from cavemen and cavemen ate meat and didn't cook their veggies so our bodies aren't designed to digest foods that have to be cooked to be consumed. The problem with this approach is the limiting nature of the diet. Variety in foods is one of the things that has gone a long way toward extending lifespan. If you believe the whole descended from Cromagnon thing then this diet falls apart when you consider the fact that the only goal during that time was to live long enough to reproduce and "old age" was living into your thirties (cholesterol and atherosclerosis aren't much of a concern when being gored to death by a mammoth in your twenties is more likely) That being said, this diet isn't without merit. The strict avoidance of processed foods is always a good idea and seems to be a consistent theme to most current dietary modification (not dieting).

So would you say a hybrid sort of diet- eat anything raw that you can, and cook all other non-processed sort of things?

So would you say a hybrid sort of diet- eat anything raw that you can, and cook all other non-processed sort of things?

Yes...Absolutely avoid processed foods since they are designed to be shelf stable and therefore are more difficult for your body to properly digest and utilize. Consider also that these items generally have a large sodium content which affects kidney function. Bottom line, I advocate common sense through balancing your diet and tailoring it to your activity level . If you are very active then your diet can, and probably should, include more carbohydrates and fats. Processed/bad carbs and fats can generally be identified as being enriched or saturated (respectively). Other than that, eating a lot of fruits and vegetables (minimal potatoes) and taking fiber are generally recommended. Since there is more information out there than can be covered here, I would recommend reading as much as you can on nutrition and digestion/metabolism. Avoid websites or books that seem like they are trying to sell you something and see what information overlaps between resources since that is a good indication that the information is sound. Good luck.

Back