Thinking about buying one of these guns.

That Edge 40 looks purty nice. I'm not real partial to the design of some of the others, but...if it feels good, do it.

Pretty cool looking! Is that a mag well or a desk stand on it! Wow, seriously tricked out.

Never heard of them before.

What kind of competitions do you shoot in?

What do you have now?

I always wanted a Wilson Combat Race gun back when I was doing IPSC. Didn't have the money for one then!

My Gold Cup did just fine for me!

Sure looks nice.

As long as the accuracy is as it should be, the reliability is the only consideration I'd focus on. Of course, that also assumes you've held the gun and it fits your hands correctly. Do you know how that particular gun recoils? Just asking in case you haven't shot one of those. Sometimes guys just won't like a particular brand or model for various reasons.

As always, the gun won't win any competitions for you. It can only perform reliably while you make the shots happen. The performance burden is on the shooter, not the weapon. For the money, as long as you have a reliable weapon already, I'd suggest spending the money on ammo and training. I could go into a dozen stories on why I've developed that firm opinion, but that's my simple take on it for now.

Again, it looks nice. Good luck, no matter what you decide.

Good guns, I've never heard anything negative about them.

STI does make some good stuff in this market place.

Race guns are exactly that "Race Guns" Their expensive yes, and meant for the National Match type competitor. I've never owned one, but if I competed "Open Class" then I'd have one of those on that page.

Their manufactured to be reliable, easy recoil for follow up shots, hence the comps on the end of the barrel and easy/fast mag reloads (see big ass flared magwell) Light trigger with little or no takeup before discharging the weapon etc, etc.

I'm told they do require some range time to get used too unless your currently running a 1911 with some of the modifications present in Race guns already.

Just my .02

What kind of competitions do you shoot in?

What do you have now?

I always wanted a Wilson Combat Race gun back when I was doing IPSC. Didn't have the money for one then!

My Gold Cup did just fine for me!

I shoot in local IPSC and IDPA comps. We also have a three gun competition agsinst 160th every year. I always shoot production and I do very well. I have a Springfield 1911, but I don't use it in competitions, I use my M&P 9mm in comps.

Sure looks nice.

As long as the accuracy is as it should be, the reliability is the only consideration I'd focus on. Of course, that also assumes you've held the gun and it fits your hands correctly. Do you know how that particular gun recoils? Just asking in case you haven't shot one of those. Sometimes guys just won't like a particular brand or model for various reasons.

As always, the gun won't win any competitions for you. It can only perform reliably while you make the shots happen. The performance burden is on the shooter, not the weapon. For the money, as long as you have a reliable weapon already, I'd suggest spending the money on ammo and training. I could go into a dozen stories on why I've developed that firm opinion, but that's my simple take on it for now.

Again, it looks nice. Good luck, no matter what you decide.

Yeah man I have shot this gun before. My buddy owns the same one and he lets me shoot it. I shoot plenty, in 2006 and 2007 I shot over 100,000 rounds in each of those years. I am pretty confiednt when it comes to shooting. I am not a professional shooter like Todd Jarrett but I can hold my own.

WTF are you guys finding .45 ammo?
We have SHIT here in Phoenix.
I'm lucky if I can find 100 rounds these days.
:(

I use my M&P 9mm in comps.

Dude! I am shit canning my M&P 9mm!!! I finger fucked (shot) a XDm 9mm, hands down, night and fucking day!!! XDm is shit hot bro, and that M&P has tapped danced on my last fucking nerve...

I bought my M&P about 6 months ago, I've got roughly 5000 rounds through it and it's still not up to par IMO. Groups are no where near what I want and comparing it to the XDm shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. That XDm is the cats ass!;)

Yeah man I have shot this gun before. My buddy owns the same one and he lets me shoot it. I shoot plenty, in 2006 and 2007 I shot over 100,000 rounds in each of those years. I am pretty confiednt when it comes to shooting. I am not a professional shooter like Todd Jarrett but I can hold my own.
Right on, brother! I know what that feels like. Once you know what you want, it's just a matter of time. Go for it and let us know how you like it. Looks like a real performer.

Here's the next toy combo I'm assembling:

Attachments

• p30814mrr308carbineC.jpg
    p30814mrr308carbineC.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 19
  • nightforce.JPG
    nightforce.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 9
Sawman, I think I just ........... Now I need a cigarette and a nap!!!

That is one F'ing Sexy beast of a rifle! I love 7.62 with all my heart!!!!

Sawman, I think I just ........... Now I need a cigarette and a nap!!!

That is one F'ing Sexy beast of a rifle! I love 7.62 with all my heart!!!!

Well, the beauty of that rifle is its accuracy with such a short barrel. The piston-driven rifles are performing very well. So, in a package the size of an M4, you've got a actual man-stopping, 7.62 rifle that's holding 1 minute of angle out to 900 yards, even with a 12.5" barrel. So, there's no longer any need for a 20" barrel. That's a HUGE advance.

I'm about to start Instructing an Urban Sniper course for SGI and that'll be the primary rifle I'll be using.

Well, the beauty of that rifle is its accuracy with such a short barrel. The piston-driven rifles are performing very well. So, in a package the size of an M4, you've got a actual man-stopping, 7.62 rifle that's holding 1 minute of angle out to 900 yards, even with a 12.5" barrel. So, there's no longer any need for a 20" barrel. That's a HUGE advance.

I'm about to start Instructing an Urban Sniper course for SGI and that'll be the primary rifle I'll be using.

Sorry for the hijack!

Sawman - do you reload or what is your fav 7.62 round for distance and accuracy?

Dude! I am shit canning my M&P 9mm!!! I finger fucked (shot) a XDm 9mm, hands down, night and fucking day!!! XDm is shit hot bro, and that M&P has tapped danced on my last fucking nerve...

I bought my M&P about 6 months ago, I've got roughly 5000 rounds through it and it's still not up to par IMO. Groups are no where near what I want and comparing it to the XDm shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. That XDm is the cats ass!;)

I have the XD, and I even got a nice 3lb trigger put in it. Its ok, but I like the M&P. I shoot both guns very well, however, the M&P has a better stock trigger, it fits my hands better and I can hit the mag release with my stubby thumb and before the mag hits the floor I have a new mag in the well. IMO the mag well is better, the recoil is better and the stock trigger is better than the XD. We all have our own preferences, and I do like the XD and I won't get rid of mine, but the M&P is a much better fit for me. At work I carry a glock, and those are nice to. I won a competition last year with a stock glock 19 and I ended up winning a complete M4. Not bad for a stock Glock.

Back