Thinking about buying one of these guns.

I have the XD, and I even got a nice 3lb trigger put in it. Its ok, but I like the M&P. I shoot both guns very well, however, the M&P has a better stock trigger, it fits my hands better and I can hit the mag release with my stubby thumb and before the mag hits the floor I have a new mag in the well. IMO the mag well is better, the recoil is better and the stock trigger is better than the XD. We all have our own preferences, and I do like the XD and I won't get rid of mine, but the M&P is a much better fit for me. At work I carry a glock, and those are nice to. I won a competition last year with a stock glock 19 and I ended up winning a complete M4. Not bad for a stock Glock.

Not bad at all...

Are your running the XD or the new XD (M)? At 25 yards my M&P groups have gotten bigger and bigger:confused: last shot group was like 10 inches:eek: Being a 1911 comp shooter, thats a fucking NO-GO for me. I shot the XD(M) the other day and was shooting 2 to 3 inch groups at 25 yards, and that just fucking "wow'ed" me.

XD(M) 9mm
19 rounds in the mag.
Match sights and trigger (4.5)
changeable back strap.
comes with 3 mags.
mag pouches and hoster.
$550 It's my next buy.

I love Glock as well, but my G19 was worn out and i retired it with the MP.:doh:

I started stocking up a while ago on ammo. Before we even knew who was going to be in office. You have to have at least 1000 rounds for each gun you own in your house. Maybe I am just paranoid.

No I hear you brother, I use to get 20,000 rounds each year when I was on the shooting team. Now it's all I can do to keep a 1,000 rounds of 45 around. :( Shit is like gold right now...

Not bad at all...

Are your running the XD or the new XD (M)? At 25 yards my M&P groups have gotten bigger and bigger:confused: last shot group was like 10 inches:eek: Being a 1911 comp shooter, thats a fucking NO-GO for me. I shot the XD(M) the other day and was shooting 2 to 3 inch groups at 25 yards, and that just fucking "wow'ed" me.

XD(M) 9mm
19 rounds in the mag.
Match sights and trigger (4.5)
changeable back strap.
comes with 3 mags.
mag pouches and hoster.
$550 It's my next buy.

I love Glock as well, but my G19 was worn out and i retired it with the MP.:doh:

I have both, XD and XD M. I don't have that problem of 10 inches at 25 yards with my M&P. My groups are tight as hell. Another reason I like my M&P over my XD M is because the XD is only 4 1/2 inches, and my M&P is 5 inches. You are the only one I know who has had a problem with that M&P. I even talked to Kyle Lamb about his M&P and he has nothing but good things ot say about it. Either way, guns fit people differently. I am never retiring my Glock, I took it to Mid South Shooting Institute three different times and it has 20k plus rounds out of it in less than a year and I clean it, and use it as my concealed weapon. I don't shoot it in production comps anymore because it is too short. I like a nice 5 inch gun.

I am thinking about buying this gun to shoot in local competitions. I am a pretty competitive shooter and I am ready to bump up to something better. Tell me what you think. This guy is just up the road from me and has a great reputation.

http://www.brazoscustom.com/Home.htm

I don't know the brand so I can't vouch. Check out SVI (not to be confused with STI...) who are well known for making top level comp guns:

http://www.sviguns.com/

Also, consider having one built to your specs by a good smith. I know one well who was a top level competitor back in the day who is a old school smith. He would probably build it on a Caspian frame and slide. Because he's a bit under the radar he does not have a 5 year waiting list for a gun build. PM me for info if interested. In general, a good build out will cost approx what a higher end gun from better brands, but can be made with exact parts you prefer from various manufacturers.

I have both, XD and XD M. I don't have that problem of 10 inches at 25 yards with my M&P. My groups are tight as hell. Another reason I like my M&P over my XD M is because the XD is only 4 1/2 inches, and my M&P is 5 inches. You are the only one I know who has had a problem with that M&P. I even talked to Kyle Lamb about his M&P and he has nothing but good things ot say about it. Either way, guns fit people differently. I am never retiring my Glock, I took it to Mid South Shooting Institute three different times and it has 20k plus rounds out of it in less than a year and I clean it, and use it as my concealed weapon. I don't shoot it in production comps anymore because it is too short. I like a nice 5 inch gun.

My MP has a 4.25 inch barrel?:confused:

As for the background on the MP, I was uber happy with when I first bought it. But as I have feed it ammo, it's gone down the crapper. It may just be lemon, but I am getting failure to feed's and the groups are going to shit.

Sorry for the hijack!

Sawman - do you reload or what is your fav 7.62 round for distance and accuracy?

BlackHills 175 grain match ammo. I do need to start reloading, though. I got spoiled at a certain unit I was in when we had all our ammo match loaded for us... Back to reality now that I'm a civilian.

A guy on my team just got himself a reloading kit and he is saving a little bit of money. I don't have one yet, i have spent the last couple of months dumping my money into skydiving parachutes and accessories.

want and comparing it to the XDm shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. That XDm is the cats ass!;)

I'm saving for the XDm 40! (and freakin WISH they'd make it in a .45!)

Just a FWIW (right now)...we are having difficult time getting 9mm ammo at the shop, but for the entire time (since the election and the "panic" began) we have had NO PROBLEM getting .40SW. Just saying that .40 has been more available and better ballistics, Bro.

Back