Took ASVAB looking to get 18X

Joshbpitts

Unverified
I recently took my ASVAB and got an 88. I was just going to give details and information to preface my initial question but I guess I'll ask a couple since I'm bringing a couple things up. I received a 125 GT score and a 110 CO score. I was in a hurry because my babysitter canceled that I specifically got because I was supposed to be there at 11:30 at the recruiters and I had feeling it would take a while. As I'm sure you already guessed I sat down for the test somewhere around 3:30 (guesstimate) and finished around 5 which is when I needed to get my daughter. Instead of making educated guess on a lot of the questions I didn't know I started click randomly because I knew I was out of time. I believe without the time constraint (which I understand Green Beret training is going to not be without constraints or stress) I would've definitely scored anywhere from 92- 100. Is it worth taking again or should I stick with my score I received. Apparently I received a good score and enough to do 18X. Anyways I hope this isn't too long I just came across this forum so sorry for the long read. I guess I should also note that I would score a 300 on the AQFT although I know we now do the ACFT. I can do 100 pushups and situps in 2 min and my 2 mil is about 12:30 to 12:50. Although I think I may come in even lower now I ran 5 miles in exactly 40 min today to test myself for the first time. So I can do some improving there but I figure I will train more before basic and then improve even more in basic so I should be better by the time I get to SF training. I'm off to do some ACFT training in a couple hours. Second question while we're on this does anyone know if we have to actually extend our arms out or just lift them off the ground? Just lifting the hands of the ground gives you a lot more time to do more, and also I thought it was timed two minutes but the description in the video seems as though they verify every rep and it's not for time does anyone here know? Okay on to the question I initially was going ask two novels later... I plan to save whatever bonus I receive and every paycheck I make and eat at chow. I don't smoke or drink so I won't be going out to drink and will likely be studying any free time I have because apparently land nav and the courses are quite difficult and use every cent to buy a home and pay it off as much as I can until I can rent it after the first year. My question is will all the training the Airborne school, and other training and test be considered active duty? I really want to take advantage of the low interest rates and VA loan and I know I need 90 days active duty and are we considered at war or at peace time? This is very important to me and although I really want to do SF and believe I'm a good candidate because I was unintentionally training for it long before. considering joining I wonder if it's worth it to take a different MOS and have my active duty days and then ask to apply for SF? Also how hard is it to get security clearance if I have 3 class b misdemeanors from over 5 years ago? I figure this worth asking but I looked it up and it appeared that its more checking of credit? Sorry again for the long read I didn't want to type it as much as you probably don't feel like reading it all. I put the main questions in bold if that helps at all but I typed everything because I figured you'd need my situation as well.

Sorry again for the long read I didn't want to type it as much as you probably don't feel like reading it all.

Once you set foot into basic training your active duty timer starts ticking.

You have to empathize with us here. This wasn’t easy to read. It’s obvious that you just hurriedly vomited out as much info as you probably could. I recommend taking the time to structure all of this well, and take pride in it if you want some actual feed back. Go through, edit this and repost it here and I promise people will respond in a more serious way, because at the moment this is difficult to take seriously.

Everything you do is going to be evaluated. Selections strive to find the best candidates. This is a good place to get used to taking pride in everything you do.

Paragraphs my dude, they help.
I recently took my ASVAB and got an 88. I was just going to give details and information to preface my initial question but I guess I'll ask a couple since I'm bringing a couple things up. I received a 125 GT score and a 110 CO score.
Most positions in the army look at GT scores once you're in. In general, a GT above 110 is usually good enough for pretty much anything. What are the rest of your scores looking like? If they're all 100-110+, you did good
. Is it worth taking again or should I stick with my score I received.
If you have scores laking, yes it could be worth doing. If you got a 125 GT though, you're probably ok.
Second question while we're on this does anyone know if we have to actually extend our arms out or just lift them off the ground? Just lifting the hands of the ground gives you a lot more time to do more, and also I thought it was timed two minutes but the description in the video seems as though they verify every rep and it's not for time does anyone here know?
The hand release push-up is a two minute timed event. Correct hand placement is under the shoulder so that fingers are not visible from the grader standing above. Basically, put your hands in your armpits.

On the command go, press yourself from the down position all the way up, then drop back to your chest. You cannot arch your shoulders as in the upward dog yoga pose; they must also drop. Fully extend your arms to the side, then bring them back to the starting position.

That's 1 rep.

You cannot say or bend in the up position or the test/rep(can't remember which) is terminated. There is no authorized rest position, BUT there is no time limit on extending your arms out, only the rule to make "continuous movement".
Also how hard is it to get security clearance if I have 3 class b misdemeanors from over 5 years ago? I figure this worth asking but I looked it up and it appeared that its more checking of credit?

It should not be much of an issue. Ensure you have any paperwork/disposition from the misdemeanors, and for God's sake dont try and lie about them. I swear half of what gets people heemed up seems to be failure to disclose

Once you set foot into basic training your active duty timer starts ticking.

You have to empathize with us here. This wasn’t easy to read. It’s obvious that you just hurriedly vomited out as much info as you probably could. I recommend taking the time to structure all of this well, and take pride in it if you want some actual feed back. Go through, edit this and repost it here and I promise people will respond in a more serious way, because at the moment this is difficult to take seriously.

Everything you do is going to be evaluated. Selections strive to find the best candidates. This is a good place to get used to taking pride in everything you do.
Will do. I was trying to type it as fast as possible assuming the more details for ya'll would be better. I didn't even proof read it and it is like I vomited everything to a stream of sentences.

Also I haven't been in school for a while and it looks like I forgot paragraphs existed.

Will do. I was trying to type it as fast as possible assuming the more details for ya'll would be better. I didn't even proof read it and it is like I vomited everything to a stream of sentences.

Also I haven't been in school for a while and it looks like I forgot paragraphs existed.

No, no, no...you're supposed to tell us to fuck off, we're internet Nazis, blah, blah, blah, instead of owning your actions. Stop this nonsense immediately.

(The above is sarcasm because at least one of you took me seriously, hence the disclaimer.)

Back