Training tip's, suggestions.

Cabbage Head

SSSO I, II, III, IV & V
Verified SWAT
Looking for ideas, suggestions and tip's for training coming up later this month. Seems like I was able to bribe my way into an ATL slot (haven’t seen it on paper yet:uhh:) and have been tasked with coming up with some things for us to do at the place formerly known as BW North.

The entire team is there for 3 days (doing entry/basic firearms skills) and we get another 3 days for ourselves. We will have access to a KD range out to 600M, with places to fire from at every 100M. I think that we may even have an UKD range that goes out to around 300m or so.

I am thinking of at least a stalk (dont think they will let us shoot steel) and firing a blank to check for proper FFP. Looking for anything that you all (that have BTDT) would think that LEO's should concentrate on.

Feel free to PM or add to the post. I leave on the 26th and would like to have everything put together by then. Thanks!

Looking for ideas, suggestions and tip's for training coming up later this month. Seems like I was able to bribe my way into an ATL slot (haven’t seen it on paper yet:uhh:) and have been tasked with coming up with some things for us to do at the place formerly known as BW North.

The entire team is there for 3 days (doing entry/basic firearms skills) and we get another 3 days for ourselves. We will have access to a KD range out to 600M, with places to fire from at every 100M. I think that we may even have an UKD range that goes out to around 300m or so.

I am thinking of at least a stalk (dont think they will let us shoot steel) and firing a blank to check for proper FFP. Looking for anything that you all (that have BTDT) would think that LEO's should concentrate on.

Feel free to PM or add to the post. I leave on the 26th and would like to have everything put together by then. Thanks!

I think they have a tower(IIRC) that would be good traing as well.

Here is a KD range qual I wrote for a “Combat Rifle Course” it’s a pure ball’s smoker. It’s a 60 round 500 to 5 meter qualification ment for M16/M4, but it can be changed up for a sniper rifle and pistol comination, round counts can be changed or whatever you need.

I’ll dig around on my external hard drive and get some of the other courses of fire together and see what training outlines I have that would apply to your guys.

Here is a KD range qual I wrote for a “Combat Rifle Course” it’s a pure ball’s smoker. It’s a 60 round 500 to 5 meter qualification ment for M16/M4, but it can be changed up for a sniper rifle and pistol comination, round counts can be changed or whatever you need.

I’ll dig around on my external hard drive and get some of the other courses of fire together and see what training outlines I have that would apply to your guys.

From the look of that course, I can see that you are one hard core sick MF!

I love it! Ya, I can make something like that work. Thanks!

From the look of that course, I can see that you are one hard core sick MF!

I love it! Ya, I can make something like that work. Thanks!

The TSP I wrote was basically built around that qual, my idea was to incorporate all key aspects seen in combat around a training program. I have yet to run the pilot course but I have subjected my SDM students to this qual many times. I would shoot it my self during each class we had, to demonstrate what good discipline and fundamentals can produce even when stressed and physically exerted.

My best score was a 286 and that was with a SDMR.

I could not do it now though; still need to knock the rust of my shooting and my physical conditioning is not existent at this point. :doh:

It’s a very good course IMO b/c it covers mid range marksmanship, short range marksmanship, shooting positions, running & snapping into position and of course physical exertion while shooting for accuracy. I would really love to see the Army move to a qual like this in the future…

If you want some fun stuff you can incorporate some color dot drills and some facial recognition drills. I'll pm you a little later with specifics, but it keeps the training intresting and fun.

Back