TReMoR 2 Reticle

In regard to the optics, I'm still of the school of thought that Bic lighters can be a lifesaver if you have one and it has fuel and the right conditions to start a fire; however, I still know how to start a fire without one. A Sniper should be able to get iron sights doped in and use them effectively at distances beyond the DM for any enemy. I like the simplicity and accuracy of the mil dot reticle with it's clear field of view compared to other scopes with too much garbage in my FOV. Windage and hold off are talents acquired by hours on the range and in the field by the shooter/spotter, not something that can IMO be truly effectively built into any scope that requires use in various terrains, especially for those not afforded proper range time.

In regard to the dislike for the SCAR, this might shed some light on a solution for some on here. The team is not mentioned for OPSEC of course.

X2
Dan O gave me a bunch of free samples of that FROG LUBE stuff last year, we're now out. I have no idea what is in it but it works great. It also smells good and you can eat it! O and the company is owned by Larry who's a Frog. Support a Vet!

Respectfully

X2
Dan O gave me a bunch of free samples of that FROG LUBE stuff last year, we're now out. I have no idea what is in it but it works great. It also smells good and you can eat it! O and the company is owned by Larry who's a Frog. Support a Vet!

Respectfully
PM inbound

My long time rifle coach, instructor and friend Mr. Doyle Gracey (RIP) was an old Marine (Old Corps) shooter that was absolutely amazing at calling wind. He would call it and when he said "send it" that means now. Never missed any calls he made. He never, ever used a Kestrel or any other gizmo. In my opinion those devices are a reference and supplement to a solid skill foundation based on field experience. I use a Kestrel 3500 and also have Serpa. In addition to 1/2, 2/3 & target eye ball call. Depending on distance of course. O and don't forget to shoot allot, read the wind mirage and bring dice...

The Kestrel is a must for programming the PDA, not much use for wind calls though.

Almost forgot; I have the results of the testing with the OBR. All I can say is WOW! I tested it with a group of experienced shooters with our standard contract ammo. I also did some side testing later with some TAP ammo 155 grn. The test was head to head against the new prototype Colt Modular rifle. Guns fired from Supported prone. Of course we used FROGLUBE as we do on all our weapons now. The stuff works great!

Total group size average for the Colt Total group size average for the LaRue
3.62cm Approx. 1.42 of an inch 2.00cm Approx. .78 of an inch
Range; 100m
Ammo used; 308 168grn IBTHP Federal Premium Match Gold Medal Lot # LOI NO V21X573
Both guns equipted with same scope and same stock Scope; Leupold
Date; Feb 5 2012
Location; Range # 11 Camp Roberts California
Time from; 1035hrs-1700hrs Temp at start of testng 80f Temp at end of testing 63f
Baro 29.47 start Baro 29.21 end
Wind during Colt test 0-.5 at 3 to 9 Oclock FULL VALUE
Wind during LaRue Test, Gusty 2.5-6.0MPH from 3 to 9 Oclock FULL VALUE
Weapons cleaning intervals; 12 rounds
Elevation; 437 feet
Clear direct sun light during Colt test, Overcast dim light semi cloudy during LaRue Testing
Slope angle; 0
Humidty; 27%

The Colt rifle testing took place from 1040-1336hrs
The LaRue rifle testing took place from 1340-1700hrs / guns cooled for 3 minutes between groups

Targets below were engaged at 100m prone as well supported.
IMG_2661.JPG
IMG_2634.JPG View attachment 5935IMG_2504.JPG IMG_2717.JPGIMG_2718.JPGIMG_2719.JPG

Take care guys be safe.
Respectfully

OBRs will tighten up after 500-800 rounds maybe another .25 MOA. My gun was shooting around consistent .75 MOA after 500-600 rounds it finally broke in and it will shoot .5 MOA pretty consistently. Just wait till it gets broken in!

We are very close to that now and that was a factory gun. LaRue customer service was excellent and the guns are amazing!

BTW; the Colt couldn't hold a candle to the LaRue. The Colt performed more as a main battle rifle not a precision rifle or a competitor to the LaRue. I will also be testing the "Lewis Machine" rifle soon.

Just spent some time training with the "Tremor 2" (2 days) and the newest version "Horus Vision" software. All I can say is WOW! The reticle is great and makes rapid engagement at varying distances much faster in different environmental conditions. I typically run a H37 on my L96 AI gun. I found this reticle faster on target, more precise in reduced time frames on threat and easier to use than the H37 for me. We were engaging "iron maidens" & 10 inch steel plates out to 850m. I was very impressed and I think this reticle is state of the art in my opinion for engaging threats in areas of conflict.

Back