Trijicon - Bible Verses

GSXRanger

Verified Alarmist
SOF Support
First of all, if this is already a topic, let me know. I searched, and could not find it.

Trijicon, the maker of our beloved ACOG... has apparently been putting Bible Verses in their serial numbers for over 20 years or so. ABC broke the news, and now the spin is... the US is sending bad vibes ... "Jesus Guns"?

Thoughts???

I personally don't care. Now that the media is on this, I think ACOG's will go up in value, due to collectors. I mean, how COOL would it be to get issued an ACOG with Psalms 23 coded in the serial number?

Yeah, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil... for I am the BADDEST MO FO in the Valley! And I have 4x32 sweetness of Trijicon ACOG to help a Jihadist meet Allah!

http://michiganmessenger.com/33560/pentagon-to-talk-to-michigan-company-about-bible-verse-scopes

yeah, i said it elsewhere but I recognised it back in 98 with my first acog... no biggie to me, worst thing that will happen is that trijicon has to fill in that portion of their castings and some privates have to break out a dremel on issued ones.

That would be a very sad day indeed. I for one, don't care... Trijicon is a private company, and to my knowledge, they still print "In God We Trust" on our paper money... Jihadists everywhere still love our Dollar!!!

Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

(yes, I know it's not a real verse... but, wouldn't that be cool?)

This is such a silly thing. The media was even asking if this might be a Constitutional issue (separation of church and state).....:doh:

Please! You're making my ass hurt! Whoops, I'm sure there's something in Leviticus that says that's wrong.......:rolleyes: But I can't ask or tell...........

It's a bad news week for the lamestream media. It's just a story, nothing more.

How petty. :rolleyes:

I agree gents... I have carried an ACOG numerous times, and never even noticed it. I really could care less... I just hope the company sticks to it's "guns" and tells the world to GFYS!!! In Jesus's name, of course. :)

This is a company of the United States. They can put damn near whatever they want on their product. I think people need to remember what we hold dear here. Welcome to capitalism... If there were verses from the Koran on there it would be culturally sensitive, but since it's the bible, well.....that's bad. I call bullshit.

Money, oaths of office, and probably other things I can't think of.....and people are getting wrapped up over THIS?

The article I read today said that the ACOGs with the "biblical references" on them (which, the way they were written would probably appear to most people like a model number, not a reference to scripture) violate the proscription against proselytizing in Muslim countries... um... unless you're letting them hold your weapon and you point it out to them, AND they can read English and know the Bible, I'm pretty sure it's not proselytizing.

I'm Going to check the ones in our armory tomorrow. Doesnt phase me considering I have a patch that says "in hoc signo vinces" on my armor.

"in this sign I conquer?" Crusader reference?

Actually,

It means "I eat beans and I have gas"

icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

I'm in the middle of designing a half sleeve tatoo with a biblical reference in it. I may have to pick myself up an ACOG now...

A Christian has to accessorize ya know? :D

Back