Trying this GOLO diet. WARNING Increases your blood pressure to the point of hospitalization.

First of all you thicc and I like that.

Forthe class (certainly not me because I know everything) could you lay out what the GOLO diet is?

It's a reduced-calorie diet focused on removing unprocessed foods/sugars, while allowing you to eat most whole foods/proteins. Its supposed to help with insulin management as well.

Only thing that separates it from similar diets in a proprietary "activation" supplement that is a cornerstone of the diet.

First of all you thicc and I like that.

Forthe class (certainly not me because I know everything) could you lay out what the GOLO diet is?
I gotta be honest. My Mom and Dad both live with me and Mom is on top of the diet situation. So I really don't know what it is all about. I just eat what she cooks. I have a few issues that stem from a TBI I got over in Iraq that causes severe migraines and other issues and my parents help me manage.

I will look it up and try to get a run down on it though or simply ask Mom. ;-)

It's a reduced-calorie diet focused on removing unprocessed foods/sugars, while allowing you to eat most whole foods/proteins. Its supposed to help with insulin management as well.

Only thing that separates it from similar diets in a proprietary "activation" supplement that is a cornerstone of the diet.
Or we could just wait for @cookie to show up and explain. 8-):thumbsup:

I just read pages and pages about it and I'm still confused.

It sounds like another calorie deficit diet, so it can't be too bad. Any time your input is less then your output you will loose weight. Ex. If you ate 1600 cal a day in snickers you will lose weight [and probably teeth].....

Bottom line, @Bypass good luck buddy!!!

8-) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I do really good with "pretty much paleo".
Meat, eggs, fruits, veggies, nuts, i add whey protein post workout and casein before bed with almond milk. It helped give me perspective on whole foods nutritional value vs processed foods. I can eat 4-5 granny smith apples or 2 pop tarts.

Are you going to use a calorie counter app?

I do really good with "pretty much paleo".
Meat, eggs, fruits, veggies, nuts, i add whey protein post workout and casein before bed with almond milk. It helped give me perspective on whole foods nutritional value vs processed foods. I can eat 4-5 granny smith apples or 2 pop tarts.

Are you going to use a calorie counter app?
I'm not sure I haven't got the diet materials yet.

How many carbs did you take in a day? Some people experience what is called Keto Flu. Can take 3 weeks to get over.
Not sure about the carbs. I think it was 23? Unless that was the atkins diet. I've been on so many diets that didn't work I can't keep up.

Back